PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Perth!

pugwash
17th July 2008, 01:02 AM
G'day everyone.
I'm pretty new to the forum. I'm an artist and a musical instrument maker. I make dulcimers and percussion instruments including bodhrans (Irish frame drums)
I've had a passion for wood for longer than I can remember, and a passion for art for longer than that. I love painting dogs and have a gigantic german shepherd called Django. You'll find his picture on my website along with some of my instruments.
http://www.clivequinn.com
I also work part time in a rehabilitation hospital where I run art and woodwork therapy sessions, mostly for victims of strokes, head injuries and spinal injuries.
So I hope to get involved in the 'woodworkers with disabilities' forum.
Keep up the good work and try not to chop off anything vital:U

Clive

HappyHammer
17th July 2008, 01:08 AM
Welcome to the forum Clive. :2tsup:

HH.

ubeaut
17th July 2008, 01:14 AM
G'day Clive - Ahhhh, Shenton Park Rehabilitation Hospital, I have some fond and not so fond memories of the place from 30+ years ago. State of the Art then. Still making card holders?

Welcome to the forums.

Cheers - Neil :U

artme
17th July 2008, 05:38 PM
you are most welcome> G'day to you.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

You might find a better use for that plank here on the forums.:D:D:D

forunna
17th July 2008, 09:54 PM
G'day Pugwash
welcome aboard.
How do you get your dog to stay still while you paint it? Mine always jumps around and eats the paint. :wink:

munruben
17th July 2008, 10:43 PM
G'day Clive and welcome .

pugwash
17th July 2008, 11:28 PM
G'day Clive - Ahhhh, Shenton Park Rehabilitation Hospital, I have some fond and not so fond memories of the place from 30+ years ago. State of the Art then. Still making card holders?

Welcome to the forums.

Cheers - Neil :U

Yes. Still making 'em. Although instead of a chunk of wood with a couple of slots in it, we now laminate them into a sexy curve! (Just 'cos it's an aid for the disabled doesn't mean it shouldn't look good.):)