PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Camphor Laurel Perth

hybridfiat
17th July 2008, 01:29 PM
Does anyone here in WA have some Camphor Laurel? Im looking for some to line a couple of linen chests.
I could do a swap or straight out purchase. Ive some jarrah burl and she-oak.

Bosshogg
17th July 2008, 05:22 PM
I have some here in Bunbury and we could swap for jarrah/ sheoak or something else:2tsup::2tsup:

Wild Dingo
18th July 2008, 01:48 PM
I am just around the corner from him and I have some too... but your gonna have to cut it!! No its down and out the back your just gonna have to chainsaw off whatever you need... gotta go anyway so you may as well help yourself :roll:

Swap? oooh whatever loose change is in yer wallet will do... blue or orange notes are good! :2tsup: lawyers love em :doh:

Shane

BarFly
18th July 2008, 10:25 PM
Carba-tec in Balcatta have a stack of it but its all around 3" thick with a lot of splitting.

hybridfiat
20th July 2008, 05:32 AM
I saw the slabs in Carba-tec. They are pretty irregular in size and are about $150 each.
Ill get one if I cant find some better CL timber here.

Wild Dingo
20th July 2008, 12:35 PM
I saw the slabs in Carba-tec. They are pretty irregular in size and are about $150 each.
Ill get one if I cant find some better CL timber here.

Sooo?? How big were they on average?... Do you have a chainsaw? If not I have one here... you can cut whatever length you wish and if you have access to a large bandsaw with a resaw blade or know of a mill nearby to you can have it sawn to boards of whatever thickness you want... OR you can buy my 18in bandsaw with resaw blade and do it yourself... the bandsaw is in the for sale section of the board... For the timber I will take $100 for what? lets say a trailer load minimum of 2 lengths or max of 5 (any thickness any length your choice) sound fair?.

This is bare timber in the round been on the ground for 2 years so still wet but get it sawn and she will dry pretty quick... heck maybe for a later job! Whatever offers there

Shane

bookend
6th August 2008, 03:40 AM
The wood show is on this weekend and the milling displays have had camphor laurel logs for at least the last couple of years. You should be able to pick some up dirt cheap at the end of the show, but you will need to let it season.