PDA

View Full Version : Photo added_heart bowl

lubbing5cherubs
19th July 2008, 12:52 PM
Today I have gone all soppy. Love to know your thoughts. I have made a heart shaped bowl and I pryographed the border on it. I am really truly happy with this bowl. I know I have seen circle bowls, square bowls and rectangles but I don't see think I have ever seen a heart shape, Have you?
I will have photos done in the next hour after I finish putting the polish on it but I was wondering doyou know if anyone ever turned a heart shape bowl?
bye Toni

what is your opinion
bye Toni

wheelinround
19th July 2008, 06:49 PM
Well Toni can't say I have :o so how did you turn the heart shape :rolleyes:

nice looking timber spalted what ?????

Ad de Crom
19th July 2008, 06:55 PM
Toni, this is really a stunning piece of work, I LOVE IT.
Ad :2tsup:

lubbing5cherubs
20th July 2008, 01:27 AM
Hi Ray sorry it camphor laurel. I cut the heart shape first on the bandsaw then I made the bowl section
thanks AD
hope that helps
Toni

joe greiner
20th July 2008, 02:25 AM
AMAZING, Toni! "Stunning" isn't the half of it. And you cut the heart shape first? Wow! If I had a blank large enough, I might cut the heart shape last, but it'd be a pale imitation. Really, truly, first-class work.

Joe

echnidna
20th July 2008, 11:42 AM
That looks like your best piece ever Toni

lubbing5cherubs
20th July 2008, 07:20 PM
thank you very much
bye
Toni

artme
20th July 2008, 07:33 PM
Well done Toni!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Chipman
20th July 2008, 08:11 PM
Nice Job Toni:2tsup:

How do you reckon you would go if you turned the rim round and then shaped it (to heart shape)?

It could be a bit safer. I have turned square stuff and you have to be really careful...especially with the sanding. I have a student in year 9 that wants to do shaped turning (he has never done any turning before! :oo:) and I have decided it is too risky (OH&S and all). I will get him to turn round and then shape later and if it needs to be trimmed up on the lathe after shaping then I will do it for him.

Once again Toni, your work is looking good... was this done on the big yellow baby or the OT lathe?

Regards,

Chipman:)

lubbing5cherubs
20th July 2008, 09:07 PM
Hi Chipman, I done it on the Nova 16-24. :)
Bye Toni

Mrs Woodpecker
20th July 2008, 10:08 PM
Clever lady - great job. :):)
Cheers, Shirley