PDA

View Full Version : Snap In Fasteners - Brisbane

Mal F
19th July 2008, 08:35 PM
I am trying to source some snap in fasteners in Brisbane.
The type I am looking for are a plastic post that snaps into a small hole. They are used on my speakers to attach the grille to the body of the speakers.
The round headed button is about 6mm attached to a post about 15mm long by 3mm diameter and fitting into a round hole about 12mm outer diameter and 3mm internal diameter.
The dimensions are not critical as they will only be used in a hidden area of a cabinet I am going to make to attach some removable panels.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Mal

soundman
19th July 2008, 08:49 PM
I have a bag of the things, I baught years ago.
If you want some send me a PM.

cheers

rodm
19th July 2008, 11:31 PM
Have you thought about rare earth magnets?

Mal F
20th July 2008, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the responses.
Soundman,
PM sent.

Rodm,
Interesting thought. No I hadn't considered magnets.
Might be a bit close to my sound and computer & TV equipment as they would be in the same cabinets and I would probably use about 30.
I will investigate further when I work out my design.

Thanks all,
Mal F

Master Splinter
22nd July 2008, 11:49 PM
Jaycar Electronics $3.75 for a pack of four, cheaper in quantity.

Speaker grill clips (http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=CF2761&CATID=15&keywords=&SPECIAL=&form=CAT&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=645)

Sharpdon
4th September 2008, 09:04 AM
I use a ball and socket connection for the grills on the Orion speakers designed by Siegfried Linkwitz. The socket is 11mm on the outside and 8.2 internal. The ball diameter is 8.9mm. The post length to insert into the grill frame is about 7.5mm in length. You can see them on my website at www.woodartistry.com/speakers (http://www.woodartistry.com/speakers)
I can mail them to you if these will work.
Don

Mal F
4th September 2008, 07:36 PM
Sharpon,
I have sourced a few connectors from Jaycar but are yet to try them. It will probably be a while before I get this project together but if I have a problem I will contact you or Soundman who has also offered assistance.
Thanks for the responses.
Mal F