PDA

View Full Version : G'Day from Lara, Victoria

jasonpell
24th July 2008, 06:55 PM
Hi,

I have posted to this forum in the past, but I am now the proud new owner of a Triton Workcentre 2000. So be prepared for lots of questions about how I actually make best use of my new orange beast :-) I only have a GMC Platinum saw - but I did get the saw stabiliser and applied the mods to the GMC to replace the pop rivet with a bolt, and purchased a new 60t erwin blade to go with it.

This forum is an amazing resource for newbies to wood work. I am a nerd of a different kind - computer programming, so I am looking forward to getting my hands dirty in the workshop and make some bookshelves, shed shelving and whatever else I can do.

Cheers
Jason

ubeaut
24th July 2008, 07:51 PM
Welcome Jason - Hope you find enough here to keep you in the shed for hours and away from them puters.

Cheers - Neil :U

artme
24th July 2008, 07:56 PM
G'day Jason and welcome to the biggest distraction on earth to keep you from the shed.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::D:D

jerryc
24th July 2008, 11:46 PM
Welcome Jason,
You have a great advantage over me. I am a total illiterate when it comes to computers. Mind you I'm not so bright in other areas too. But great to have yoy in the mad house.

Jerry

Cent-A-Wood
25th July 2008, 11:52 AM
G'day Jason, Yeh, keep away from them computers, unless your looking up wood work info! My first saw bench was the triton, still use it on the odd occasion, mainly for docking long lengths. Cheers, Ivor. :U

munruben
25th July 2008, 06:06 PM
G'day Jason, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your Triton Workcentre. It will serve you well.:2tsup: