PDA

View Full Version : Big Redbox delight

WillBrook
24th July 2008, 10:26 PM
G'day all, just successfully quoted a milling job today just outside Longwood Vic. Thought some of you out there might like to see the before shots. The log is 4500mm long and 1540mm at it's widest point (nth end - top to bottom). The tape measure gives you an idea of how big it is. The owner wants to build a table out of it :o. The views not bad either.
I LOVE MY JOB!!!!!! :D

What da ya reckon?

Neale
http://willbrookfarmservices.com.au (http://willbrookfarmservices.com.au/)

Sigidi
25th July 2008, 03:59 PM
don't ya just love those big grey uglies? they always throw out surprises.

Half ya bloody luck :(

BobL
25th July 2008, 06:25 PM
What da ya reckon?

:yippy::clap3::hpydans2:

artme
31st July 2008, 01:31 PM
That's a blast from the past for me. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:
Haven't seen one for 20 or more years and haven't read about them for almost as long.

The last ones I saw were very small seedlings planted outside Parkview Public School in Leeton,NSW.

When I kept bees I came across a fair sized stand outside Albury somewere. I also remember there was alot of White Box around Albury.

WillBrook
1st August 2008, 05:54 PM
Yeah, Artme, I've been particularly lucky lately. Quoting and booked to do that big bugger week after next. And I milled some up more about 3 weeks ago down near Seymour (pictured). I've also got to quote a fella over at Nagambie for some fallen stuff that came down in a mini tornado back in March. I might work out a timber deal with that one.
I cut lots of Yellow/Greybox around here. I reckon it's one of the most under estimated timber going. Check out our kitchen bench....MAGNIFICENT STUFF THAT.

WillBrook
12th August 2008, 09:34 PM
G'day all,
I started on the big Redbox today. All went well. The customer wanted 3 slabs from the top and the rest cut up for table legs, frames etc. The log is 4500 long. Those slabs were HEAVY. Took some pictures for you all hope you like

Exador
12th August 2008, 10:19 PM
nice log, Neale. I saw your piece in Grass Roots, too. Good for you:2tsup:

artme
12th August 2008, 11:43 PM
:o:o All Gorgeous!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Sigidi
13th August 2008, 06:59 PM
Those are are a bit too big aren't they? Maybe you need me to get rid of them for you?

WillBrook
21st August 2008, 06:50 PM
You wouldn't believe it, but the customer who owned the big redbox log reckons he had enough timber when I was about three quarters of the way. The choice, I could have it or he'd cut it up for firewood :o . Needless to say, I went back with the truck and grabbed it. Here's a couple of pics. One is of the log in the mill at home and the other two are of the first couple of slabs. I'd still be out there if it wasn't for the cold front that has just arrived.