PDA

View Full Version : Excel Dates

williampp
30th July 2008, 06:52 PM
Does anyone have as much trouble as I do with dates in Excel.
I format a column, date, English Australian, then pick my date 30/7/08. but a lot of the time it goes back to the American dates of month first.
What am I doing wrong.

Groggy
30th July 2008, 06:53 PM
First, you shouldn't pick your date. :)

Try changing the date format in the windows Control Panel, hopefully that will fix it.

williampp
30th July 2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks Groggy,
The Date & Time seems OK. But the Regional & Language was still set to the US.
Have tried a couple of dates and they seem OK.
Have had trouble with this for years.

Chipman
30th July 2008, 07:30 PM
Make sure you have the regional settings right...

Location....Australia

Language.... English (australian) (or Formats in Vista)

ADD
Keyboard input English Australia keyboard -US or what ever keyboard you have (usually US) DELETE the default one English US Keyboard US (Requires a restart)

Depending on which version of office you have, make sure the location, default language and dictionaries are set to English Australian

I get quite upset with the way it tries to take ove too.

Cheers,

Chipman

williampp
30th July 2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks Chipman,
Have fixed the keyboard to what you said.
Working OK, will see if it is still OK when I turn on tomorrow
They seem to change from day to day.
But you gotta like them.

tomartyr
30th July 2008, 09:06 PM
First, you shouldn't pick your date. :)

Picking your date is preferable to looking up someone else's.

Ashore
30th July 2008, 09:18 PM
Picking your date is preferable to looking up someone else's.
Unless your a proctologist and getting big bucks .... er make that lot's of money :C

Groggy
30th July 2008, 09:36 PM
Working OK, will see if it is still OK when I turn on tomorrowProvided you are not using a company computer that loads a profile on each login you should have it fixed. :2tsup:

tomartyr
30th July 2008, 09:36 PM
Unless your a proctologist and getting big bucks .... er make that lot's of money :C

Paddy went to a proctologist complaining of a pain in his a..... The proctologist conducted an examination and declared that there was a $100 note up there, which he removed (I assume he was wearing gloves). To his surprise, the $100 note was followed by a series of monetary notes of various values. Finally he said to Paddy that he thought the money supply was exhausted. "How much did you get?" asked Paddy. After a careful count, the proctologist reported that there was $1,990. "That'd be about right" says Paddy. "How did you know that?" asks the doc. "Well," says Paddy, "I haven't been feelin' two grand lately".:roflmao:

williampp
30th July 2008, 09:44 PM
Sounds as if I will have to Select my Date Format next time.
Thanks. Like the money joke'