These are the latest straight out of the moulds

1 Group shot
2 White with red russet swirls
3 Coffee beans in milk
4 Metalic blue with gold swirl

Can't wait to see what they turn like

tea lady
31st July 2008, 05:52 PM
Coffee beans? Should make chewing the pen a tasty experience.:rolleyes: What do they look like turned.:? White and rusett looks interesting.:cool:

TEEJAY
31st July 2008, 06:42 PM
Awaiting you masterpiece :2tsup:

gawdelpus
31st July 2008, 06:57 PM
Wonder how these would turn up on the metal lathe hehe,should be slow enough :)
yet to try acrilics and such! ,but corn cobs and pine cones seem another option ,so much to try hehe, cheers

Big Shed
31st July 2008, 08:27 PM
Looks interesting Sam, I've done a few interesting ones in the last few days but haven't had time to photograph them yet (too busy turning!)

Can't wait to see these turned.

Are these still with the PU or have you started using the polyester casting resin?

schaf
31st July 2008, 09:04 PM
Coffee beans and milk ?. The mind boggles. Can not wait to see the finished product.
Congratulations Sam, you must be enjoying things at the moment.

Terry

artme
31st July 2008, 10:13 PM
Your next lot should be an interestig mix sam. I've see some photos of Coffee and milk pens on the IAP site.

Simomatra
1st August 2008, 08:27 AM
Looks interesting Sam, I've done a few interesting ones in the last few days but haven't had time to photograph them yet (too busy turning!)

Can't wait to see these turned.

Are these still with the PU or have you started using the polyester casting resin?

These are the polyester from Barnes

jm0811
1st August 2008, 09:30 AM
Coffee beans? Should make chewing the pen a tasty experience.:rolleyes: What do they look like turned.:? White and rusett looks interesting.:cool:

Sam's will probably come out nicer, but something like this.

BTW Sam, nice work on the castings.:2tsup: Did you have any issues with the beans floating to the top of blank, doesn't look like you did from what I can see, I did in my first go, I put a tongue depressor over the top of the blank with a lead weight on top to push the beans down and get them all the way through the blank.Do you have any translucent dyes? They come up really nice, kind of like stained glass effect. I made a Streamline with rice cast in translucent lime green, my sister claimed it before it even left the lathe! I will post up a pic soon.

John

Simomatra
1st August 2008, 12:58 PM
Nice work John

Yes I was aware of the beans floating so I placed a ordinary looking blank over them and a dead weight on top similar to what you have done. I like your coloured resin with it.

All will be revealed when I get time to turn them.

jenlwren
1st August 2008, 08:31 PM
Cant wait to see the Coffee and milk.... (next one could you add 1 sugar as well:D). What an interesting idea .... opens up a whole new area of thought... where did you get this from.... just wild imagination or had you seen something similar???

Keep up the good work.... this will be so good to see the outcome:2tsup:

All the best

Jenny:)

Mike in Nanaimo
4th August 2008, 04:27 PM
It sure looks like fun Sam. Interested in seeing that coffe one.

ciscokid
4th August 2008, 09:23 PM
I drink my coffee black, but I can't wait to see one of those blanks turned. :D My hat's off to you for having the initiative to try some of this stuff. :2tsup: