PDA

View Full Version : new building

crazy chris
1st August 2008, 06:26 PM
Hi all wood workers in the world, just found this web site ended up buying a set of eureka canoe plans. I live in stornoway north west scotland where the weather is wild whats the eureka canoe like in bad weather any ideas? also any one out there to help me if things go wrong i should be ok Ive built 4 canoes in the past and really like this one the wife doesn't know yet Ive got to get to the post man before she does and brake it to her gently all the best chris

m2c1Iw
1st August 2008, 06:39 PM
Hi Chris and welcome,
Looking forward to some pics of your progress.

Post your questions in Miks forum you'll get plenty of help.

Cheers
Mike

artme
1st August 2008, 06:45 PM
Dunno!:D
But G'day and welcome anyway.:):):)

You will fit in here very well. Any bugger mad enough to do what you are contemplating obviously fits the criteria for memebership here.:p:p:p

When you build said canoe take it out to Bell Rock Lighthouse and tell us how you get on.:D:D:D

jerryc
1st August 2008, 08:35 PM
Chris,
The idea of someone sloshing around in a canoe off Stornaway beggars belief. St Brendan was bad enough with his leather sailing wallet off the Irish coast. Look what happened to him. Said he was going to find America. Oh yeah? Silly bugger just got blown out to sea and lost his way, but he got a good story out of it and free beer in the pubs for the rest of his life. So what's your pitch?
But welcome anyway, mate.:U

Jerry

crazy chris
1st August 2008, 08:56 PM
yea the weather is sh** when i look at yours.we come from a hard stock up here so we are use to abit of wind not sure if the eureka is, would i be able to make a change to bow and stern making them higher from the plans im getting chris