PDA

View Full Version : Lonesomebob in Michigan USA

lonesomebob
2nd August 2008, 12:58 AM
Good Morning; The name is Bob Holton. I am an old fart of 77. retired law enforcement. have been building flintlock rifles for years,Restoring several old cars, I am an ex Seabee,sort of like an ex Marine , sort of waiting for something to happen. of course the motto is CAN DO.! Thank you all for being here. Bob

Ashore
2nd August 2008, 01:27 AM
Hi bob :2tsup:
We have a few seppo's here ( aussie slang for you yanks) that seem to enjoy the company glad you are abord dive in boots and all you will find us a pretty friendly ( did I say that ) bunch, but with sarcasam at times, though its all in jest
Ex seabee ay my old dad was the aussie equilivent a member of the CCC's (civil construction core ) drafted by the Australian army in WWll to build airstrips , harbours etc was a participant in the battle of brisbane :D

joe greiner
2nd August 2008, 02:08 AM
Welcome aboard, Bob. If you survived military service and law enforcement, this gang can't grind you down. Might even give you praise once in a while. Send some pictures of your work, especially processes. We LOVE pictures.

Joe

lonesomebob
2nd August 2008, 02:15 AM
Are pictures of firearms allowed in Australia? have heard of some strange laws over there and I dont want to cause trouble. Ignorant Yank.!!!!I can send pics of those I have built or are in process. This is neat, I swap pics with a fellow in South africa as well. Bob:U and England

Ad de Crom
2nd August 2008, 02:38 AM
Hello Bob, good to see you here in this international community, Aussie's, Americans,
Canadians, Dutchie's and more nice people, so don't feel yourself lonesome.
We all like it to see pictures, so if you have some, post them.
Have a good time here.

Ad :)

lonesomebob
2nd August 2008, 03:55 AM
Lonesomebob was my old CBradio handle, seemed too good to let it go,so here I am. Bob

artme
2nd August 2008, 08:25 AM
G'day Bob And welcome along.:):):)

jerryc
2nd August 2008, 09:13 AM
Bob,
Welcome .Yes we do allow photos of guns. We reckon it doesn't have the same effect if you threaten someone with a photo. Might even say it has a negative effect.:U

Jerry

lonesomebob
3rd August 2008, 04:28 AM
Jerry ,you are Bad! Bob

guymclaren
11th August 2008, 11:11 PM
Bob,
Welcome .Yes we do allow photos of guns. We reckon it doesn't have the same effect if you threaten someone with a photo. Might even say it has a negative effect.:U

Jerry

Bad Bad

lonesomebob
11th August 2008, 11:45 PM
Even my pictures might be frightening, but maybe I should make wooden guns, ? lol:wink:

Different
12th August 2008, 12:24 AM
Are pictures of firearms allowed in Australia? have heard of some strange laws over there and I dont want to cause trouble. Ignorant Yank.!!!!I can send pics of those I have built or are in process. This is neat, I swap pics with a fellow in South africa as well. Bob:U and England
Welcome Bob
You will learn if you hang around us Australians that what the Law or government say is of little or no interest to the man in the street.
While the government over hear would love to see no firearms in public hands I think most forum members are a little more realistic and enlightened about such issues.

Ross

lonesomebob
12th August 2008, 12:51 AM
That is refreshing to hear. We only hear what wonderful gun control you have. Is it any wonder that Yanks and Aussies got on so well . I started building fire arms at 15. and still at it My project for this winter is a grandfather clock. I had a 200year old one ,I gave it to my daughter in Colorado, that way it goes where I wanted it to. Now I have an emty space. cruising clocks is how I found you guys. Carry on and have a good day. Bob