PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Hick
2nd August 2008, 05:46 PM
G'Day all. I've been browsing this forum for a few weeks now and thought it was time to introduce myself. My name is Steve and I live in Gippsland , Victoria. Originally found this forum while looking for a design for a router table I intend to build. Havn't long finished our new house and have spent the last 24 months landscaping the grounds. Just ordered a new shed for the backyard so i can finally have somewhere to set up a workshop where i can leave things set up instead of packing everything into a corner so my wife can get her car into the garage. Some would say I had my priorities wrong and should have built the shed first. I agree but the Housing Minister (aka The Wife) had different ideas. Funny breed them girls. Anyway, I look forward to reading and contributing where I can to this great forum. Keep the good ideas coming in guys.

Steve

watson
2nd August 2008, 07:14 PM
G'day Steve & welcome to the forums.
When's the new shed arrive??

Of course you know that it doesn't exist until you post pics of it here :D :D

munruben
2nd August 2008, 07:24 PM
Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. Haven't been down in Gippsland for years but have many memories of it. Was the first area I went to when I first arrived in Australia in 1962. Nothing like having your own shed.:2tsup:

Hick
2nd August 2008, 08:15 PM
Paid for the shed Friday watson and have it safely sitting at the shed place. Don't expect pics to soon. I have a bit of excavation and concreting to do first. Can't rush these things.

watson
2nd August 2008, 08:22 PM
Steve,
Here's a go!
Check out the reno forums as well on shed building.....there's assistance (advice) there as well.
And as for pic's...there's a Go to Whoa forum there as well.....Pushy bugger aren't I.???

artme
2nd August 2008, 08:42 PM
G'day Hick and welcome to the rathouse.You are already one of us if you have a shed- or in your case have one on order.:):):)

jerryc
3rd August 2008, 08:43 AM
G'Day Steve and welcome.

Gippsland is a good part of the world. Spent a lot of time sailing the Gippsland Lakes. I've had lots of advice from the guys here. Just recently posted a request for advice on redesigning my router table. As a result I'm staying with a rotary fence. Just mention it because here you get some original thinkers who do not slavishly follow what others have done before.

Jerry