PDA

View Full Version : Hello

.RC.
3rd August 2008, 12:10 AM
Hello everyone, just thought I would join this great forum which has a lot of great info available..I live in the Central Queensland area not far from Rockhampton..

I am not into wood working but do enjoy using my metal lathe..Don't flame me as it is not a Hercus but is a Hare and Forbes AL1000C model about (13X40 size) of Taiwanese manufacturer and seems to be very well built compared to some of the cheaper chinese stuff on the market..

I used to own a Nuttall lathe which was totally worn out but it was good to learn on..

I would like to own a second larger lathe and have a preference for an Australian built model maybe another Nuttall or maybe even a smallish Macson but hens teeth are more common than second hand lathes around here.. I have a bit of an interest in Australian made machine tools but information on the various manufacturers is hard to come by...It would seem most went out of the machine tool building trade in the 1970's.

Grahame Collins
3rd August 2008, 09:40 AM
Hello .RC. & Welcome

I hope you find these forums as interesting as I do.We have a huge range of extremely talented people who are more than willing to share their skills , information and practical experiences with you.

We will enjoy hearing about what you do too, so don't stop at one post,keep them coming.

Its like a big information Co-op here sharing our problems,solutions or just plain and simple where do you find/buy this.

There all a good bunch and will make you feel at home.

Grahame

matthew_g
4th August 2008, 03:23 AM
Hi there RC.And welcome.As Grahame has said keep the posts comming and share your views
and projects with us.We all started as newbies here!!