PDA

View Full Version : G'day new mates

kcasser
4th August 2008, 08:44 AM
Man, am I glad I found you! I am a custom picture framer and a couple of times a year I get a project which requires me to mill a special frame and have it painted gloss black. I usually crank out 20 or 25 at a time, twice a year. This time the order was for 40. I'd been sending them out for paint, but this time my luck ran out. I need to paint them myself. So, I bought an HVLP spray system (Earlex) and have been using the old trial and error and error and error method of learning to use it. Today, it finally occured to me that there must be a bulletin board for this kind of thing, and I'm very happy to have found it.:):):) My passion is flying radio controlled model helicopters, and we have a couple of terrific forums for that where I can get any answers I need. I hadn't thought of trying that for my painting problem until about 15 minutes ago (I'm a slow learner...). Thank you all in advance for helping.

Ken

watson
4th August 2008, 09:21 AM
G'day Ken,
and welcome aboard.
I'm sure you'll find and answer to your problem here.
Just post your specific question into the FINISHING sub- forum, then stand back!

artme
4th August 2008, 05:36 PM
G'day Ken. Glad you found us. Welcome to the ride.:):):)
Someone is sure to give you some info.

Ad de Crom
4th August 2008, 06:23 PM
Hi Ken, welcome to this madhouse, a lot of very nice people walk around here, so for sure you'll like it here.

Ad :)

joe greiner
4th August 2008, 10:33 PM
G'day, Ken. Welcome aboard. I found this place by accident too, and fell straight in. We can help to correct some of your errors, and maybe teach you some new ones.:D

Joe