PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read Argentinian

ubeaut
19th October 1999, 11:06 PM
Received this on the e-mail.

Necesito tener información sobre existencia a la venta de portable saw mill (Lucas Mill, Peterson o similares), nuevas o usadas, con
tecnología de sierra circular. Remitir información a Parque Industrial Trevelin (9203), Trevelin, Provincia de Chubut, Argentina.
mail: [email protected]

Does anyone read Argentinian if so a translation would help. I guess it has something to do with the Lucas Mill probably an enquiry for purchase or info, but who knows.

Cheers
Neil http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/smile.gif

Len Rose
20th October 1999, 12:26 PM
I don't read Argentinian, but what the chap is asking is:
"Would like info on portable sawmills, such as Lucas Mill, Peterson or similar, either new or used. Please send information detials or brochure to:
Parque Industrial Trevelir (9203), Trevelir, Province de Chelant, Argentina.
Email [email protected]

------------------
Len Rose

Len Rose
20th October 1999, 12:29 PM
Sorry, cocked up the return address.
Should be "Trevelin" and "Provincia de Chubut"
Regards from West Oz
Len Rose

Len Rose
22nd October 1999, 02:48 PM
Doorstop, I realise your comments are meant in jest and I understand (I believe) your intentions, but spare a thought for the original postee.
He has located this forum, and given it (and its members) credit as being professional enough to be able to provide him with information he requires.
If I were in his position, I don't think that your response would do much to either foster his initial belief or encourage him to contact the forum members again in the future either to offer or receive advice.
I realise that I am only a recent observer on this forum, but my understanding was that it has been created to provide an opportunity for woodies (and related interest groups) to communicate in a cooperative and friendly environment.
Is this forum only for Aussies??
I would like to feel that we would welcome communication from anywhere in the world and that they be treated with courtesy.
I don't mean this to offend you personally, but similarly, I would like to welcome communication from other parts of the world, also. I know that a lot of them have a lot to offer.
Regards

RETIRED
22nd October 1999, 06:35 PM
Gooday.

Lucas mill have a web site at

www.lucasmill.com.au/ (http://www.lucasmill.com.au/)

Neil I have also given the email ad. to Lucas Mill and they will contact the chap.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Ian () Robertson
"We do good turns every day"

[This message has been edited by (edited 22 October 1999).]

ubeaut
22nd October 1999, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the translation Len it was along the lines that I thought. I don't have any info on the Lucas Mill, Peterson or any others. Can anyone help with info. If so it might be best if you forwarder it directly to the inquirer at this email address [email protected]

By the way len this was not a posting on the BB but a personal e-mail to myself which I needed help with. I shall contact them and tell them that some help may be coming. If they can get the English reply translated back to Argentinian.

Cheers
Neil http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/smile.gif

[Note: This message has been edited by ubeaut]

Great Poo Bear
22nd October 1999, 10:22 PM
Deer Mr Len Rose

Pleez do not take a fence at wot Mr Doorstop sayz coz he says silly stuff at everywons not jest at some ones hoo canot speke Inglish proper Mr Doorstop takes the Mickley out of Ostralianz as well as anyones elses coz that is wot he duz best sept for being a marster woodterner and won ov the best demonstrators of tools and over turning stuff in Ostralya i lyke Mr doorstop coz he makez me larf alot and i lyke this buleting bored coz it makez me larf too and it makes over peeples larf and that is beter than not larfink and that is y this is a good place to see woodwerk stuff and if you wand to have no fun and get no anserz then go to the over not fun buleting bored and get bored and not hav anee fun.

i sayed all this wif genuwine konsern for all the peeples hoo look at this syte wif lots of love and big bear huggies this is the Great Poo Bear signing off from the 10 acker wood.

buybuy Poo.

lushy
23rd October 1999, 06:15 AM
Good onya Poo Bear, a person who takes life to serious would certainly get upset at some the other postings on this BB not just this one. Lifes to short to be serious.