PDA

View Full Version : Gudooy moit...

gtstreelogistic
6th August 2008, 10:55 AM
Just a humble lumber jack turned Arborist...Started out in old growth logging in Vic 23 years ago... Stumbled onto this site and thought i'd join up...

Went into business partnership with a mate 4 months ago, formerly Gympie Tree Services and the logs keep flowing... We have back orders of 1000m3 of mulch at $25- $65 per meter so rip and chip (a crime i know) but i cant bring myself to do this on most of the "prized" logs...:no:

I will find the time to list some of the logs we have around the traps. Silky Oak, Iron Bark, Bloodwoods and other Euc/Corymbia are common...along with common Qld weed species...

We have a fellow who gets some of our timber though he is full to the boards and we are "looking" :~at milling our own, anyone interested in getting some of our timber drop us a PM or email through MSN or the web site or call us on the numbers listed on the web site and i'll get straight back to you (all phone numbers come through to me)...We have a crane truck so can do deliveries and are very experienced in milling and handling timber so do understand the needs of timber getters and wood workers...:2tsup:

Very keen to read up on all the goings on, have worked with timber all my life, had my own chainsaw mill in Vic years ago milling timber from my Arb' business down there...

Would love to get a lathe as I spent 5 years with Ford Manufacturing did my trade as a Maintenance Fitter/Tool Maker and need a hobby at the mo', something to stop me doing 80-100 hrs in the business each week, i love it but it's not healthy...:C

Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of this forum.:U

Jarrah

Ad de Crom
6th August 2008, 07:27 PM
Welcome on board, and have fun, we always can use a new woodturner, the nicest thing you can do is woodturning, anyway my thoughts.
Ad :)

artme
6th August 2008, 07:49 PM
You , My newly found frien, are more than welcome! :D:D:D

G'day, and enjoy the robust company you will find here.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: