PDA

View Full Version : New Guy on the Block

Robert Arrowood
7th August 2008, 11:10 AM
Hello folks my name is Robert "NOT BOB".I've been woodworking for about 7yrs now.Mostly small boss and wall hangings.About 2yrs ago started doing walking sticks and canes.While out looking for sticks I started finding Burls mostly Cherry Burls.I've posted a picture in the photo section.Now I've got me a lathe and started doing pens.It's a neat story about the lathe.I'm a member of another wwing site www.ncwoodworker.net (http://www.ncwoodworker.net), a guy there got a new lathe and put the old one up for a drawing and I won.So now I off and turning.

rmcpb
7th August 2008, 01:04 PM
Welcome to the site Robert. Lots of grreat info here :)

artme
7th August 2008, 07:19 PM
G'day Robert not bob. Welcome to our gathering and make sure to join in the fun.:):):2tsup:

joe greiner
7th August 2008, 10:51 PM
Welcome aboard, Robert not Bob. I reckon we could deal with another Bob from the Carolinas, but thanks for not being the one. :D Woodturning is a nice addiction for therapy, and you'll get lots of ideas here.

Joe

tea lady
7th August 2008, 11:12 PM
Hi"Not Bob".:D Great way to get a lathe. Happy turning. Welcome aboard.:2tsup:

Ad de Crom
7th August 2008, 11:53 PM
Hi Robert, welcome to this forum.

Ad

Wild Dingo
8th August 2008, 09:57 PM
Gidday Robert not Bob but perhaps Bobby or maybe Rob or Robbie even? :; Anyway get over it and cheers for sayin gidday yer yob! :U :U

Fair few yanks onboard nowadays eh? :doh: nah yous mob are alright do some fine woodworkin an such... your not another mad insane total whackjob that makes insane birdhouses like John in Cranbrook are you? strewth that fellas mad as a cut snake!! MacMansions for birdies :2tsup:

munruben
9th August 2008, 03:16 PM
Yeah, welcome to the forum Robert. I am sure you will enjoy being here.:2tsup:

prozac
21st August 2008, 12:34 PM
G'day Not Bob, welcome to the forums. I reckon you need to change your username....Not Bob or perhaps Knot Bob.

prozac

chrisb691
21st August 2008, 02:00 PM
Welcome aboard Robert. Just remember to post lots of photos, then she'll be right and Bob's yer uncle.

Woodwould
21st August 2008, 02:13 PM
Welcome Robert (Nobob?). :2tsup:

Yeldarb
21st August 2008, 02:16 PM
A "bobless Robert", sounds like something an apprentice may be sent for...very interesting :D

underfoot
21st August 2008, 09:00 PM
Hi Robert " not Bob"
welcome,
understand that you are on a mostly Australian site, and your introduction automatically made you "fair game"
understand also that "not bob" is a term of endearment and should be interpreted as the warm welcome that it is,
if you do have any concerns about the vernacular, you should perhaps address your concerns to the yanks that have been here for yonks, they should be able to sort it for you:D cheers

prozac
21st August 2008, 09:44 PM
Hi Robert " not Bob"
welcome,
understand that you are on a mostly Australian site, and your introduction automatically made you "fair game"
understand also that "not bob" is a term of endearment and should be interpreted as the warm welcome that it is,
if you do have any concerns about the vernacular, you should perhaps address your concerns to the yanks that have been here for yonks, they should be able to sort it for you:D cheers

Never ocurred to me UF that Robert NotBob may be offended. I hope you are not Robert as it just our way in Australia, and that is what makes this the best damn forum on the internet. Don't believe it? Just ask us!

You ARE definitely welcome here Robert NotBob.

prozac

Honorary Bloke
21st August 2008, 10:31 PM
Welcome aboard, Robert not Bob. I reckon we could deal with another Bob from the Carolinas, but thanks for not being the one. :D Woodturning is a nice addiction for therapy, and you'll get lots of ideas here.

Joe

Thanks Joe. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Welcome Robert. What part of North Carolina? :?

Ed Reiss
21st August 2008, 11:20 PM
OK, let me get this straight.....it's NOT BOB, but you are a ROBERT (if you were French it could be ROBER'! So the bottom line seems to be that you don't want to be called Jim or Dave, or Sammy,.....definitely just Robert!:2tsup:

Welcome to the forums Robert....think you'll like the blokes (and ladies) here.

Ed :D

Robert Arrowood
23rd August 2008, 03:01 PM
It's all in fun no problem here:2tsup:.You just never know do you:q.It's great to know that thangs are the same down under.As for what part of North Carolina about 17mi. noth of Charlotte. And the pics will come as soon as I turn some pens. You bolks take it easy on me I'm new to turning.I know I just opened another can of worms:oo:.Youz guyz have a gday.

tea lady
25th August 2008, 11:13 PM
I haven't turned a pen, but I'm pretty sure you don't need any worms.:rolleyes:

fenderbelly
26th August 2008, 10:12 AM
G'day Not Bob, welcome to the forums. I reckon you need to change your username....Not Bob or perhaps Knot Bob.

prozac

Love this maybe we should have a poll vote on it.

Cheers Fred not Frederick.:roll:

Sorry mate couldn't resist it, but you did leave yourself wide open.