PDA

View Full Version : Old Turntable hinges needed

EDGEAUDIO
7th August 2008, 04:32 PM
Hi all, I'm new here so I'll start with a "hello".
I have an old Dual Turntable that I'm restoring and I am trying to source some hinges for the dust cover that are similar to the original 'Chaney" ones from old UK.
I've found some on the Web (pictured) but I can't find a place to actually purchase.
The hinges are strut type which open about 95 degrees or so to support poly dust cover, etc.
Any help of where I can source in Sydney would be fantastic.

SilentButDeadly
8th August 2008, 03:21 PM
Try contacting Samuelson Cases in Artarmon. Or search for any builders of flightcases or DJ cases.

Failing that they can be purchased direct from Protex http://www.protex.com/product.asp?intProdID=672&n=80-2385%20-%20Case%20Fittings

soundman
9th August 2008, 08:53 PM
they can be purchased from any penn fabrications distributer, or if you have difficulties I problay have a few on hand.
there are about 4 different versions, all similar.

cheers

EDGEAUDIO
11th August 2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks Gent's, most helpful. I'll give your suggestions a try. BTW, the first of my photo's is from an Ozzie site called Romak. I'm trying to find a distributor for their products but having a bit of trouble. The NSW rep wasn't much help either.

I like the look of protex items but they are expensive to boot. The cheap stamped ones will do. Someone suggested "Botany Timber" have a good range of old style hinges. I'll drop-in there and see how I go.
Cheers

EDGEAUDIO
7th October 2008, 08:19 AM
I took the soundman's advise with Penn-Fabs but have yet to obtain some hinges:oo:
After contacting Penn-fabs they sent me some subscription to their newsletter stating it would give me a resellers list but I couldn't find anything useful?
Who in Sydney sells hinges from this supplier????
Thats all I need to know and can then pursue:2tsup:

Cheers

they can be purchased from any penn fabrications distributer, or if you have difficulties I problay have a few on hand.
there are about 4 different versions, all similar.

cheers