PDA

View Full Version : G'day from the country with the best rugby squad in the world

guymclaren
11th August 2008, 06:18 PM
Yes I am talking South Africa.

I am a Router Bench nut, I really believe that my router bench makes me a superior woodworker. Mind you I used to be on the bench many years ago and am now just a hobbyist.

artme
11th August 2008, 06:37 PM
G'day you cheeky bugger!:D:D:D

You will fit right in here so welcome along.:):U:2tsup:

watson
11th August 2008, 06:43 PM
Warning ! Warning!
He's actually from Australia :U :U

Welcome anyway!

Howdya do that
11th August 2008, 06:54 PM
G'day from the country with the best rugby squad in the world

:roflmao: :roflmao:

guymclaren
11th August 2008, 09:08 PM
Ta very mooch for the welcome.

I will try and behave myself but be warned I am but a boy from the bush. We don't get to see many people out here in the wilds of deepest darkest africa. So Bruce, whats yer favourite timber to work with

Sleeping Dog
11th August 2008, 09:33 PM
Mind you I used to be on the bench many years ago

You were a magistrate??

guymclaren
11th August 2008, 10:26 PM
You were a magistrate??

I would sentence you for that awful pun...

Sleeping Dog
11th August 2008, 10:30 PM
Guilty your honor....:U

So where is Nelspruit??

guymclaren
11th August 2008, 10:56 PM
If you look on a map. Its one of those big pieces of paper with a drawing of the world on it, or an atlas is a book full of drawings like this, locate Africa. Its the continent between The Americas and Australia, below Europe (thats the place where it rains all the time)

If you look down toward the bottom you will find a Country called South Africa, To the north is a place called Zimbabwe that some mad Buffoon know coloquially as Mad Bob is systematically destroying, To the East is Mozambique. Now toward the bottom end of Mozambique is a little landlocked country called Swaziland. Its sort of circular.

Just North of SwaziLand and East of Mozambique is the Kruger National Park. Thats a game park as big as an average European country. In between all these points you will find the city of Nelspruit. It beats me why its called a city, I guess having the provinces goverrnment seat here has something to do with that.

So just to help you get a fix, Left of Mozambique, Above Swaziland, Below the Kruger Park a little more to the left, About equidistant from Pretoria and the beach at Maputo in Mozambique.

Does that answer the question?

lesmeyer
11th August 2008, 11:10 PM
Guy,
welcome to the best woodworking forum in the world. I have been to Nelspruit many times in my earlier life in South Africa. It is indeed a very beautiful part of the African continent. Hopefully you still have access to some timbers such as Kiaat, Stinkhout, Geelhout, and Blackwood etc. I miss some of those although we do have the Tassie blackwood here. I believe it is the same family of tree. I do agree that the router table/bench is extremely versatile. In fact one can accomplish much with a router (handheld and in the table).
I hope you enjoy your sojourn on our great woodworking forum.
Regards from Perth
Les

Pulse
11th August 2008, 11:37 PM
Welcome Guy,

I'm a south african deep down hidden as an aussie.. born in Carolina.. about 100ks from Nelspruit

Cheers
Pulse

guymclaren
12th August 2008, 12:54 AM
Welcome Guy,

I'm a south african deep down hidden as an aussie.. born in Carolina.. about 100ks from Nelspruit

Cheers
Pulse

I can understand why you left. but Australia? fer gods sake man...:D

Its dangerous there they got kangaroos and man eating wallabies

namtrak
12th August 2008, 10:04 AM
.......man eating wallabies.......

Your Springboks (:marge:) having nothing to worry about - as you say the Wallabies only eat men.

Pheonix
12th August 2008, 10:06 AM
Its a great place, people will give you the shirt of their backs,make you feel welcome,etc Its those white b.....ds I cant stand:roll:

fenderbelly
12th August 2008, 01:55 PM
Its a great place, people will give you the shirt of their backs,make you feel welcome,etc Its those white b.....ds I cant stand:roll:

errrr less of the white there mate.

guymclaren
12th August 2008, 04:10 PM
for the warm welcome... I really appreciate, Fact is I love Australians, I worked with a few in London Town. I just couldn't eat a whole one :D

chrisb691
13th August 2008, 01:52 PM
Yes I am talking South Africa.

I am a Router Bench nut, I really believe that my router bench makes me a superior woodworker. Mind you I used to be on the bench many years ago and am now just a hobbyist.

Welome aboard.

Such a shame about your hocky players though. :D

guymclaren
13th August 2008, 03:57 PM
Welome aboard.

Such a shame about your hocky players though. :D

We have a hockey team? Goodness I always thought that was a form of torture devised for school children. :D

chrisb691
13th August 2008, 07:15 PM
We have a hockey team? Goodness I always thought that was a form of torture devised for school children. :D
Well it is....the way you guys play it. :roflmao:

:aussie5:

guymclaren
14th August 2008, 12:45 AM
Well it is....the way you guys play it. :roflmao:

:aussie5:

and leave hockey to sissies