PDA

View Full Version : Trip to America and Canada.

powderpost
11th August 2008, 11:04 PM
We are off to Canada and U.S.A. on Sunday for four weeks. Fly into Vancouver, then train it across to Toronto and down as far a Washington. We will be in Washington on 911, so will keep a low profile.
Jim

Ad de Crom
12th August 2008, 12:52 AM
Jim, have a nice stay in Canada and the US, some day I'll do the same, at least if I can find a organized trip, and my LOML is in the right mood. :D

Ad :)

powderpost
14th August 2008, 11:26 PM
Thanks Ad...
Jim

ss_11000
15th August 2008, 12:46 AM
have fun jim:2tsup:

joe greiner
15th August 2008, 10:39 PM
Give my regards to Washington DC, Jim. The DC area was the venue for much of my early construction work, including some of the Metro stations. If you hire a car, good luck finding a parking place.:D

Pictures, please. But you don't need to jump the bar set by Stirlo in South Africa.

Joe

powderpost
16th August 2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks Stirlo and Joe, rest assured Joe I won't be hiring a car.... they all drive on the wrong side of the road.. :U
Jim

joe greiner
16th August 2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks Stirlo and Joe, rest assured Joe I won't be hiring a car.... they all drive on the wrong side of the road.. :U
Jim

LOL, Jim. Many years ago, I worked with a bloke from Oz, and I'd seen a travelogue on the tube. I tweaked him, "Do they still drive on the wrong side of the road in Australia?" He replied, "No, they drive on the correct side of the road.":D

(I think Sweden, or some such country, had just switched to right-hand driving.)

Joe

STAR
17th August 2008, 09:13 PM
Just read this post and Powder Post is heading off.

I see he is a Mareeba NQ boy. Some top people have come from there , Frank Farina Australian Soccer rep and Qld Roar Coach, a few others as well. Not to mention yours truly.:2tsup:

powderpost
17th September 2008, 03:12 PM
Well we are back from Canada and U.S.A. Hit Vancouver after 11.5 hours cooped up in a plane, from Hong Kong. Bussed from Vancouver to Jasper on the western side of the Rockies, then to Toronto on the Rocky Mountaineer train. Joined a second tour group and went from Toronto to Washington and up to New York. Good trip, plenty of interesting places to see. We were in Washington for 9/11. While inspecting Arlington House a passenger jet came in low overhead, the hair on the back of my neck stood, very spooky feeling until the tour guide explained the air port was "just over there". 15 hours flying time from New York to Hong Kong with an eight hour wait for the plane home was not a lot of fun either. Good trip, but still VERY nice to be home.
First two photos were taken in the Rockies and the third is Niagra Falls from the bottom.
Jim

ss_11000
17th September 2008, 05:14 PM
sounds like you had fun:2tsup:

nice pics too:)

wheelinround
17th September 2008, 06:55 PM
Welcome home PP beaut photo's

Pilot get lost did he Honka's is opposite direction to USA/Canada from Australia :rolleyes: