PDA

View Full Version : Howdy and G'day from San Antonio, Tx

Nexusmagic
12th August 2008, 09:01 AM
Howdy and G'day from San antonio Texas. I have been doing Mill work for only 2.5 years now and have much to learn. I love to design and create my own types of furniture.

I originally lived in the state of Hawaii and grew up with the love of look of Koa wood and darker stained woods.

So there you go I only have one completed project which can be seen here (http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee275/spong8/Woodwork/IMG_1219.jpg).

So there you go. :2tsup:

Shutterbug
12th August 2008, 10:36 AM
Hi there Nexusmagic - I have been to Hawaii many times and also love the look of Koa wood. I have even brought some home with me to OZ. I have never seen it available here.
That Woodcraft store in Honolulu has the highest turnover of all their stores in the US and is an Aladins Cave for woodies. I love it.

Mike

Nexusmagic
12th August 2008, 11:35 AM
The only Koa I have found is in pen or bowl blanks sizes. I am still looking for somebody who has this wood locally.

artme
12th August 2008, 05:22 PM
G'day Nexus magic and welcome for the ride.:):):U

We hope 2C Texasmagic signed "Nexusmagic".:D:D

watson
12th August 2008, 05:42 PM
Welcome to another land with the same vibe.

Ad de Crom
12th August 2008, 05:50 PM
Nexusmagic, welcome on board of this vessel. I had for a long time a corresponding friend in Victoria, not so far from San Antonio. Unfortunately he closed his workshop for ever, and decided to do work for the community, like to drive for the elderly home, sunday school preacher, and you name it.
Have fun here, BTW. very nice table.

Ad :)

BernieP
12th August 2008, 07:24 PM
G'Day Nex

welcome aboard and thanks for sharing the pic. Great bit of work, would be interested in hearing what the woods are.

Cheers
Bernie

ubeaut
12th August 2008, 09:16 PM
Welcome Nexusmagic - How's ally'awl down there in San Antonio. Not a bad part of the world. The River Walk is one of my favourite Christmas places. What a wonderland, pretty much the highlight of our visit to Houston and beyond a couple of years ago. Fond memories of a great place and very nice people

Cheers - Neil :U