PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from The Goon

Yeldarb
12th August 2008, 10:44 AM
Hi all,

I have been lurking here for a while. Love the site and thought I'd better say hello.
Just moved to Thurgoona (Albury NSW) after living in Woy Woy (NSW Central Coast)...nice change after commuting to Sydney each and every day for 7 odd years...very odd some of them :q Grew up in Echuca so good to get back near "home"...

I have been wood working on and off since before I can remember (Grandfather got me into it)...mostly done home reno stuff, kids toy boxes, etc, etc. Just bought a heap of gear (bandsaw, thicknesser, jointer, etc advertised by PeterO (from Traralgon) on here recently) and in the process of setting up what will hopefully be a very capable sawdust making workshop :U Hopefully some home furniture and kids toys will be a bi-product of the sawdust making. Of course, my beloved motorbike will have to make way for a more productive hobby...shame considering the roads around here are probably the best in the country. My little fishing boat should keep me out in the air though...not to mention the vegie garden :rolleyes:

Brad

HazzaB
12th August 2008, 11:05 AM
Hey Brad,

Welcome to the Mad House, don't forget the dust extractor in the Sawdust factory, and the Pics of the transition from storage shed to Factory.

HazzaB

artme
12th August 2008, 05:25 PM
G'day Yeldarb and welcome to the greastes show on the planet.:):U:)

All Lurkers are eventually sucked into the maelstrom and transformed into addicts.:D:p

Ad de Crom
12th August 2008, 05:35 PM
Hi Brad, welcome, glad you decided to pick up your woodworking again.
Ad :)

Yeldarb
13th August 2008, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys...I will see if I can get some before and after shots of the shed-to-factory conversion :) Don't have room to swing a cat in there at the moment (no garden shed yet). I think there will probably be a fair bit of shuffling going on for a while.

I did get a dust extractor along with everything else...I plan to put it outside.

First project will be a decent work bench...I found an old Record vice (52 1/2 I think...the small one..7"?, no dog) at a local market the other day...$40 :2tsup:. Seems to be in very good order. My Dad has a heap of Oregon (90?mm posts, and nice big (50X200??) boards from an old pergola that should come in handy...first job for the thicknesser and jointer.

munruben
13th August 2008, 05:50 PM
Welcome Brad. look forward to seeing those pics.:2tsup:

prozac
21st August 2008, 12:39 PM
Welcome Brad. Nice area down there and a quick commute from Sydney when needed...can be down and back same day on Rex and be back home at 4.10pm. No don't ditch the bike now you have all those beaut roads close by.

Hope you enjoy it here, better than therapy.

prozac

Yeldarb
21st August 2008, 12:56 PM
The bike is definitely going...

Northern Beaches is also a nice place...I lived there (Dee Why & Narrabeen) for a few years.

Ed Reiss
21st August 2008, 11:30 PM
Hi Brad...

Welcome to the greatest show on earth!!

About that dust collector that's going outside...surprise your neighbor, place it near one of their open windows!!!!!:repplus:

Ed :D

Yeldarb
22nd August 2008, 08:33 AM
No...I like my neighbours, they seem like a pretty good bunch...

Besides, next door is a Police Sergeant, across the road is ex head of CIB (or some such), and one a couple down is also a cop. I think I'll try and keep them happy for a while. :D

No need to mention it is a quiet street (cul de sac).