PDA

View Full Version : Sumner, Washington, USA & a G'day to all you mates

sourdough
12th August 2008, 04:36 PM
My name is George Lowe and I am 64 years young, some days, and old on others. I am semi-retired and took up the habit of accumulating woodworking tools, both hand and power, a few years ago. Why? Because they feel good. Not much of a woodworker but I have a keen interest in the area and folks who are good at it. Recently I was hired by a local woodworking store to help set up shelving and product displays when the store became affiliated with the Rockler Company. Let's just say I am like a kid in a candy shop. Not a bad way to spend a few hours a week, eh?

I go by the nickname "Sourdough" because of a deep and abiding love for my northern neighbors who, like the Aussies, are a rather unique and independent lot.

les88
12th August 2008, 04:40 PM
G'day Sourdough,
I would like a job like yours playing with tools, telling about tools and getting paid for it:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:
les

artme
12th August 2008, 05:10 PM
G'day Sourdough and welcome to the fun and info.:):):)

Hope both will be useful 2U.:2tsup:

prozac
12th August 2008, 05:20 PM
Welcome to the forums sourdough. That was a nice intro, I can see you're going to fit in well.

prozac

watson
12th August 2008, 05:46 PM
Welcome Sourdough!
Hope you have as much fun as we do here!!

Ad de Crom
12th August 2008, 06:07 PM
Hi George, welcome on board, age is not important, more important is to stay busy with your hands and brain, if you do that you'll will live for ever :D
If possible show us some of your work !!

Ad :)

paul collins
12th August 2008, 06:26 PM
gday sourdough you will find plenty of information here & a good bunch of people.enjoy your visits to this forum.:2tsup:

joe greiner
12th August 2008, 09:38 PM
Welcome aboard, George. Nice neck of the woods you're in. Years ago, I lived in Renton and later, Federal Way. There was a millwork shop on Port of Tacoma Road, that had a haystack of mahogany(?) offcuts/mistakes every afternoon; I scrounged enough material to build some furniture from it, with some help from Elmer.

I learned recently that Boeing's permanent garage sale in Kent had folded their tent a couple years back; I guess a few hours a week at Rockler would be a good substitute.

Joe