PDA

View Full Version : ferals

james223
12th August 2008, 10:58 PM
hey

i was just wondering if any one has any troubles with feral animals like pigs, goats, fox's, or rabbits?
cheers

Ron Dunn
12th August 2008, 11:18 PM
I often travel on the train between Bendigo and Melbourne. FULL of ferals and bogans, especially the trains from Kerang and Echuca.

Many journeys are spent in forced listening to the 17yo mothers, 10kg overweight, wearing thongs, trakkies and a too-small bright blue top; guiding their children's growth through expressions like "Will you shut yer f*cking mouth yer little b*stard, I'm tryin' to drink me JD before the pr*ck [conducter] gets here".

I wonder if there is a bogan equivalent of 10-80 ?

I'd rather have pigs, goats and camels in my back yard than bogans and ferals in my daily commute.

BobL
13th August 2008, 06:42 AM
Many journeys are spent in forced listening to the 17yo mothers, 10kg overweight, wearing thongs, . . . .

. . . . and not necessarily the ones you wear on your feet either . . . . . .

One wonders where they learn this behaviour from till you see their 35yo fathers, 25 kg over weight, wearing thongs, and a too tight blue singlet, using expressions like "Will you shut yer f*cking mouth yer little b*stard, I'm tryin' to drink me VB before the pr*ck [conducter] gets here". :D

Yeldarb
13th August 2008, 07:40 AM
I often travel on the train between Bendigo and Melbourne. FULL of ferals and bogans, especially the trains from Kerang and Echuca.

Are you suggesting the ferals and bogans from Kerang and Echuca are worse than those from Bendigo, or that those from Bendigo can't afford a train ticket :p

As far as pigs and goats go, time for a gun permit and a decent rifle I think. Either that or track down people who are into feral hunting in your area let them know about your problem...plenty of blokes very willing to go out of their way to in the search of "fun".

AUSSIE
13th August 2008, 07:41 AM
Looks like it is Australia wide .
Guess who is paying their income as well?!!

DavidG
13th August 2008, 10:33 AM
Rabbits -
1080 poison on carrots, see PP board
Tablets you chuck down the burrow and they generates a toxic gas Forgotten their name but a good rural supply place will tell you.

Larger animals -
Contact a reputable gun/rifle club and the problem will disappear.
I have a neighbor who likes shooting. No large animal problems. (inc 2 legged):U

Andy Mac
13th August 2008, 02:23 PM
Hares- they don't dig burrows like rabbits (which we don't see here, ever) but camp in brush/long grass. Pretty destructive on vegies and young trees, even roses get ring-barked:((. If I could snare one it will definitely end up in the pot, but too small acreage to shoot them, unfortunately.
Probably the most destructive introduced animal here are bl##dy horses, I've given up planting trees along the fenceline, as the neighbours ones are keen for any feed. Now I'm planting cactus and climbing roses (hence comment above), which should prove too much for the glue-bags!!:D Almost did the toxic avocado thing, but I'm too nice.

Cheers,

james223
13th August 2008, 08:45 PM
yeah i was comin from the other side. im a bowhunter and was wondering if anyone had ant ferals they wanted taken care of.

Sleeping Dog
13th August 2008, 09:28 PM
Ahh... thats different. Maybe you should apply for a job as a conductor with VicRail...

:minigun:

Different
27th August 2008, 12:17 AM
hey

i was just wondering if any one has any troubles with feral animals like pigs, goats, fox's, or rabbits?
cheers

My brother and I would be happy to get rid of them for you have been doing it for farmers for 35 years or so.

Ross

james223
27th August 2008, 12:23 AM
yeah i was comin from the other side. im a bowhunter and was wondering if anyone had ant ferals they wanted taken care of.

ya must hav missed this one ross

Different
3rd September 2008, 11:29 PM
ya must hav missed this one ross

Seems like I Did !

Ross