PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Brisbane

Hoodie
12th August 2008, 10:59 PM
G'day all,
Most people call me Baz. I stumbled on these forums recently while looking for information about tuning up my old hand plane and I have been lurking ever since. Great site, information and friendly people. It's inspired me to drag out my old hand tools and give them a bit of TLC, which they definitely needed and I'll get into learning and practicing some new skills. One day I hope to be good enough to put up some examples of my own work. At the moment I wouldn't do justice to a nice piece of timber, too much time spent wasted in offices and worksites.

Cheers
Baz

Mollywood
12th August 2008, 11:08 PM
:welcome4:

Hi Baz,

Haven't been here all that long myself.
You'll find this forum a great wealth of information and friendliness, as well as very entertaining. Some real cards here.

Molly.:)

artme
12th August 2008, 11:17 PM
G'day Hoodie and welcome to the madness.:):):U

Whereabouts in Bris?

Hoodie
12th August 2008, 11:24 PM
Thanks Artme and Molly

At the moment in Kedron so pretty central really.

Baz

rhancock
13th August 2008, 09:17 AM
G'day Hoodie and wlecome. I'm in Windsor and I know a few others here are pretty central too.

Hoodie
13th August 2008, 05:12 PM
G'day Richard and thanks for the welcome, hope you're enjoying your Ekka holiday,

Cheers
Baz

munruben
13th August 2008, 05:53 PM
Welcome Baz and hope you have a lot of fun here.

rhancock
13th August 2008, 09:40 PM
No worries, managed to get some woodwork in, so expect photos in the next few days.

Quote of the day from friends who came visiting: "Wow! You've got a proper workshop!"

weisyboy
13th August 2008, 10:04 PM
welcome to the site.

be carefull once your hocked you will be spencing way to mutch time on here. an once it gets really bad youll be going to bbqs at peoples places youv never met.

Hoodie
14th August 2008, 09:00 AM
Hi all

Richard
A proper workshop is something I lack living in a unit ... Just a single car garage and I can't really use too many power tools out of deference to the neighbours. That will just give me more opportunity to brush up the skills with hand tools so i's not all bad.

Weisboy Must be hooked already because I seem to be spending way too much time here! And meeting new people is not something I fear. one of the things that i am finding out about this site though is there is a great diversity of members and there is a lot of mutual respect. It's very refreshing.

Munruben thanks for the welcome, and I feel the fun is just beginning.

I spent some time yesterday servicing my long suffering car and getting some linseed oil into the few wooden handled tools that I can find. Also stripped an old pallet for boards to practice some dovetails on the weekend. Hope it's enough!

Any way I'd better head off to the salt mines

Cheers for now
Baz

artme
14th August 2008, 10:31 AM
What makes you blokes think that northside is so central?:D:p:D:p:p

Hoodie
14th August 2008, 06:31 PM
G'day Artme,
the way Brisvegas keeps growing, Kedron is practically inner city these days!!!

Baz

paul collins
14th August 2008, 09:55 PM
welcome baz from another brisbanite.enjoy your stay here.:2tsup:

Hoodie
15th August 2008, 06:03 AM
G'day Paul
thanks for the welcome
Baz

rhancock
15th August 2008, 07:49 PM
What, you've got a WHOLE single car garage all to yourself? I dream of that much space!

I can see the rides at the Ekka from the front deck, surely that qualifies me as central?

Anyway I saw a sign at Mitchelton last week which said "Inner City Land For Sale"....