PDA

View Full Version : Retirement

mavrick48
13th August 2008, 07:27 PM
Good-day my name is Bob I am 59 yo m I have just purchased a Roval WLE000 lathe and i am starting to get my retirement ready I am very intrested in wood and how we can turn a bit of wood into a work of art. Thankyou and good turnning.Bob..... :uk2:

Groggy
13th August 2008, 07:44 PM
Welcome Bob and switch your hearing aid on - your shouting at us (all capitals is considered shouting).

Good luck with the retirement. Lots of good information on here for turners :2tsup:

Ad de Crom
13th August 2008, 07:59 PM
Welcome Bob, retired means that you have a lot of time for doing fun things like woodturnen. This is the place to be for nice contacts.
Hope to see some of your turnings.
Ad :)

artme
13th August 2008, 09:32 PM
G'day Bob! Happy retirement!:):):2tsup:

May your lathe do many good turns.

HazzaB
13th August 2008, 11:09 PM
Hey Bob,

My Dad retired a couple of years ago and it has taken about 23 months for him to get through the list the old girl had for him to do, we are both wondering how he had time to go to work, when there was so much that needed doing at home, he has finally got through most of (the never ending) list and gets enough time to get into the shed, for a few hours each week.

Enjoy your time and make sure that you do something that SHE needs at least once a week or better, all in the name of Harmony

HazzaB

mavrick48
14th August 2008, 06:26 AM
:2tsup:Thankyou one and all for such a nice welcome. bob

les88
14th August 2008, 09:18 AM
Happy Retirement now you will not have time to scratch yourself :2tsup::2tsup:
les

prozac
21st August 2008, 02:30 AM
Welcome Bob. Be sure to let me know when you turn wood into art, I could use some pointers. Should be able to find lots of fallen timber in the Albury Wodonga countryside suitable for turning.

prozac

mavrick48
21st August 2008, 08:13 AM
Good-day and thankyou .Yes there is a lot of timber around here and a lot of driftwood i should get somthing out of this lot.Good luck and turt well.bob

Ed Reiss
21st August 2008, 12:30 PM
Hi Bob...welcome to the best forum around.:2tsup:

As far as retirement goes, I've always heard that one works harder after retiring...is that true??:cool:

Ed :D

joe greiner
21st August 2008, 11:43 PM
Hi Bob...welcome to the best forum around.:2tsup:

As far as retirement goes, I've always heard that one works harder after retiring...is that true??:cool:

Ed :D

Yes and no; the way it sometimes works is, "I don't know how I ever found time for work; now it takes me all day to do nothing.":wink::D

Welcome aboard, Bob.

Joe

Ed Reiss
23rd August 2008, 12:10 AM
Right on, Joe......doing nothing is work!!!:cool: