PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane: 1" threaded pipe for clamps.

Greg_stewy
9th March 2004, 09:22 AM
Hi all,

I picked up a couple of pipe clamps last weekend from Carba-Tec, now I need to find some pipe for them. Does anyone out there know where I might get some 1" steel piping with thread at one end on Brisbane's Southside???

Your help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks
Greg
:)

Wongo
9th March 2004, 10:00 AM
Greg,

Do you mean ¾” pipe clamps? If so, then you can get ¾” threaded pipe from Bunnings. The problem is they are only 1 meter long. My 2 pipe clamps are 1.5m long. I got the pipes from a friend who is a tap doctor.

Hope it helps

Scott

Webby
9th March 2004, 02:49 PM
Greg,

You could try Wallace Brothers Plumbing 3397 3126 at Coorparoo or Samios Hardware at Stones Corner 3391 6777 and even Scurrs at Mt Gravatt 3349 6022 .
All of the above, have people behind the counter that know what they are talking about.

I would take the clamps with me just in case.

Hope this helps
Webby

journeyman Mick
9th March 2004, 11:49 PM
Greg, I think you'll find, like Scott said, that it's 3/4" pipe, however to confuse things pipe is usually measured on its nominal bore, whereas tube is usually measured by its outside diameter.

Mick

Bob Willson
10th March 2004, 08:46 AM
Try the plumbers supply shop at Mt Ommaney.

Burmar Industries
41 Jijaws St
Mt Ommaney

I have been dealing with them for years. They are often only 1/4 the price of places like Bunnings and they all know what they are talking about.

I suggest that you get the pipe with thread at BOTH ends, then when you cut it in half it will have a thread on both pieces of pipe.

Also, make sure that you get galvanised pipe because black pipe will make a mess in your hands for the rest of its life.

Take a hacksaw and tape measure with you.