PDA

View Full Version : Lightening Struck Trees?

Zoot
15th August 2008, 07:19 PM
I asked a question in the General Woodwork area about the usefulness of lightening struck trees. Boy has it generated some interesting replies, everything from the earth being round to milled timber falling apart ... have a look ...

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?p=787778

Cheers,

Alan

Mr Brush
15th August 2008, 10:51 PM
Alan - that'll teach you !! :D

As far as I can see, the considered opinion of this forum on the subject seems to be "yes or maybe no, possibly......er, then again, ummm" :2tsup:

I too got the "lightning struck wood won't burn" story from a guy doing work on our road at the time, but I intend to prove him wrong next winter !

BobL
15th August 2008, 10:55 PM
Zoot - just curious as to why are you posting a connection of the lightning struck tree to this (CNC) forum?

Zoot
16th August 2008, 07:03 AM
Zoot - just curious as to why are you posting a connection of the lightning struck tree to this (CNC) forum?

This may be a bit obtuse, but I have been looking for timber boards to make signs on my next CNC Machine ... there's the connection!!

I normally only post to this CNC Forum and always get well considered comments from Rodm, Greolt and many others and just thought that they would be fascinated, as I have been, with the diverse range of views that my original question raised and they may have missed it in the 'General Woodwork' forum.

So no, I am not trying to divert this forum away from steppers, rails, gantries, spindles, movements, belts, pulleys, controllers, switches and the like and apologise if I have caused grief!

Cheers,
Alan:C

BobL
16th August 2008, 10:40 AM
This may be a bit obtuse, but I have been looking for timber boards to make signs on my next CNC Machine ... there's the connection!!

I normally only post to this CNC Forum and always get well considered comments from Rodm, Greolt and many others and just thought that they would be fascinated, . . . . . . . and apologise if I have caused grief!

No worries . . . . hey no grief at all Alan.

WillyInBris
16th August 2008, 11:13 PM
Very interesting Zoot I don't travel much out of this end of the forum much so it was a good read thanks for that me think that any wood is worth a try.

:U