PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Ed Reiss
16th August 2008, 01:15 PM
Nice to be here (or anywhere for that matter) with you blokes on the other side of the world:U

I'm hoping to get some good info from your posts & possibly might be able to return in kind!

I'm kind'a novice turner...only started in 82'...maybe might get better in another 25:2tsup:

Oh yea....G'day

Ad de Crom
16th August 2008, 04:28 PM
Ed, welcome, always nice to see another woodturner, do you have something to show, as we all like it to see pictures. So don't hasitate...)))
Feel yourself at home, this is a great forum, in my eyes the best on earth.

Cheers. Ad :)

artme
16th August 2008, 07:21 PM
G'day Ed and welcome to the various addictions in the forums. Hope you get high on some, but not all of them.:):):2tsup:

Ed Reiss
17th August 2008, 04:00 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys!:wave:
As requested, have attached a pic of one of my turnings, and also invite you to check out others at my Picasa web albums at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/woodturner5/NewWork?authkey=WuspFLm0DN4

also at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/woodturner5/ArchivedTurnings?authkey=2jDo5O6O1mI

wheelinround
17th August 2008, 06:47 PM
Ed to teach us here how to do such fine work would take 25 years so hang around pull up a stool and show us some more

Welcome to the land of plenty WWF plenty rooms plenty topics plenty fun :2tsup:

Ed Reiss
18th August 2008, 05:29 AM
Ed to teach us here how to do such fine work would take 25 years so hang around pull up a stool and show us some more

Welcome to the land of plenty WWF plenty rooms plenty topics plenty fun :2tsup:

Hi Wheelinround...
Thanks for the kind words and the invite!!!! ....but from some of the work I've seen coming from the "Land-Downunder", you guys wouldn't need but 25 minutes (about the extent of what I profess to know....and 25 minutes is even pushing it!!!!!), but I'm certainly going to hang around....this appears to be a great forum, nice and friendly with a lot of information sharing.:2tsup:

Our turning club just had one of your "neighbors" in for a demonstration, Peter Oliver, nice guy with a great sense of humor and his off-axis turnings were terrific!

Ed :D

underfoot
18th August 2008, 06:12 AM
[quote=Ed Reiss;789041

Out turning club just had one of your "neighbors" in for a demonstration, Peter Oliver, nice guy with a great sense of humor and his off-axis turnings were terrific!

Ed :D[/quote]

Hi Ed
do you mean kiwi pete (new zealander, carver/turner, big feet, smells like sawdust?):D

I've done a few collaborative pieces with pete in NZ a couple of years ago,
nice fella,

Ad de Crom
18th August 2008, 08:18 AM
Ed, you introduced yourself very well, by showing us a stunning piece of work.
Took also a look on Picasa, well you're doing great, good looking stuff :2tsup:
Hope you have a lot of fun here.
Ad :)

Ed Reiss
18th August 2008, 12:05 PM
Hi Ed
do you mean kiwi pete (new zealander, carver/turner, big feet, smells like sawdust?):D

I've done a few collaborative pieces with pete in NZ a couple of years ago,
nice fella,

Yea, that's the guy...he put on a good demo.:2tsup: Gotta admit that I was somewhat disappointed though, was expecting the full Mauri tatto treatment along with the war dance!!! Didn't have neither!!! :))

Ed Reiss
18th August 2008, 12:14 PM
Ed, you introduced yourself very well, by showing us a stunning piece of work.
Took also a look on Picasa, well you're doing great, good looking stuff :2tsup:
Hope you have a lot of fun here.
Ad :)

Thanks Ad...

I've been on other forums before, but this one has the others beat....friendly people, good info, it's organized well....of course since I signed up things are sure to go downhill quickly! :blowup:

Ed:D

munruben
18th August 2008, 04:43 PM
Hi Ed, Nice work. Good to have you onboard:2tsup:

joe greiner
18th August 2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks Ad...

I've been on other forums before, but this one has the others beat....friendly people, good info, it's organized well....of course since I signed up things are sure to go downhill quickly! :blowup:

Ed:D

Welcome aboard, Ed. Great work you have there.

You've made a good assessment, except downhill? I think not: http://flourish.org/upsidedownmap/

Joe

Ed Reiss
19th August 2008, 04:36 AM
Munruben and Joe.....Thanks for the welcome!:)

Joe...after looking at those maps, I've come to the conclusion that I am "bass ackwards" (ha-ha-ha)!!! It certainly does point out a different perspective on things though! FYI...we were "neighbors" in the 80's, I used to live in the Pensacola area and sometimes had to go to Tallahasse on business.

prozac
21st August 2008, 12:47 PM
G'day Ed and welcome. Looks like you joined just in time, I reckon some of the blokes here into turning could show you how to put a proper hole into that bowl.

prozac

Ed Reiss
21st August 2008, 11:05 PM
G'day Ed and welcome. Looks like you joined just in time, I reckon some of the blokes here into turning could show you how to put a proper hole into that bowl.

prozac

Hi Prozac...
The timimg couldn't have been better...all the symposiums I went to over the years, I somehow managed to miss the "Proper Hole" rotation:(

Bring on the blokes!!!:U