PDA

View Full Version : Huon Bud Vase tidy up

Cliff Rogers
16th August 2008, 02:16 PM
I've had this little bud vase for about 9 years now, it was looking a bit dull/flat.
I gave it a rub over with EEE Ultra shine, a buff, a couple of coats of Trad wax rubbed in & left in the sun & then buffed on the swansdown mop.

Looks a bit better now except I would never have left it than shape if I'd have made it now instead of 9 years ago.

munruben
16th August 2008, 03:51 PM
Looks a bit better now except I would never have left it than shape if I'd have made it now instead of 9 years ago.Looks great to me.:):2tsup:

robutacion
16th August 2008, 04:03 PM
:oNice little piece Cliff,

Well, 9 years ago, that was good enough for you, reason why you created it and still exists. This is good enough reason in anyones books, what are you going to think of it in another 9 years from now? and about those pieces you are creating now? do you reckon, you will be as "self" critical in 9 years time?:D.
I believe, you will, and that is a good thing, is also known as "improving", "growing", "learning", "experience", etc., and that fortunately, no one can buy on eBay...!:o:U

For that same reason, I will never change the form/shape, of any of my older turnings, a little of "maintenance" and "preservation" is OK, huh? :;

Cheers:2tsup:
RBTCO

Ad de Crom
16th August 2008, 04:14 PM
Cliff, your tidy up work paid off, this little vase deserved a make over and it looks like brand new now.
Cheers. Ad :2tsup:

joe greiner
16th August 2008, 11:30 PM
Looks very ship-shape and Bristol fashion, Cliff.

I'm a lot better at the game than I was 9 years ago (which was not at all), and I hope to be better in another 9 years, when/if; heck, even next month!

Joe

artme
16th August 2008, 11:35 PM
:o:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

TTIT
16th August 2008, 11:59 PM
...or you can tidy up someone else's work :o. This vase given to my daughter by somebody who had visited Tassie and she was putting it out at a garage sale 'cos it looked pretty cruddy - lip was about 10mm thick with just a hole drilled down the guts and a gluggy coat of varnish. I refined the shape a bit, hollowed it out to 3mm and gave it the EEE and Traditional wax treatment. Now the grand-daughter has it on show with her other 'pretty's' :U

What speed does that motor spin your mop at Cliff???

Cliff Rogers
18th August 2008, 11:48 AM
It is an old washing machine motor & it doesn't go as fast as a grinder, I guess it is probly 1450 RPM or there abouts.

Nice save on that little vase, what is it do you know?

TTIT
18th August 2008, 05:18 PM
Cool - I've got a couple of washing machine motors going to waste - I didn't think 1450rpm would be fast enough for a buff - will have to give it a shot.:2tsup:

The vase is Huon but there wasn't much smell to it which was really disappointing - when I did my Huon egg the smell stayed in the shed for weeks - yum:U