PDA

View Full Version : I'm back

Calm
17th August 2008, 09:50 AM
Well after 24 hours in pergatory (forum enforsed ban) for a bad joke i'm back (Allan, John & Barry are so lucky - on this basis they should get life sometimes)

What did i do, well i sulked, went out to the shed and it was bloody &*^%$## cold so i went back inside.

Then a phone call from my mate (the farmer) and off to Ballan to pull a calf that the cow couldn't have. So up to the elbow - you can guess where - ( I wont go into the thoughts passing through my mind at this stage) to get chains on the front legs and pulled the calf out, broke the chains, bent the calf puller (yes ladies you can cringe at this point, my 6 month pregnant daughter did - her first child - when i told her last night) and finally finished the job with the fence wire strainers (no weisy i didnt use rachet thingys and it never occured to me:D:D) Anyway the calf had been dead for at least a day i reckon but finally i got it out. The poor cow then couldn't get up but hopefully time will be its saviour. At one stage it looked like the calf wouldn't come out but at least the cow now has a chance. that is after over 3 hours of torture inflicted by me under the guise of "trying to help". i have pulled plenty of calves in my life but this was the hardest yet that i eventually got out.

Back home went on to the forum as a visitor to catch up on the day and couldn't see the pictures, couldn't congratulate Allan on his 500:2tsup::2tsup:, couldn't throw in my 2 bobs worth on anything, how frustrating that was so shut the computer down in disgust.:((:((:(

So did you miss me - Cheers all - hope you had a good day.:2tsup::2tsup:

fubar
17th August 2008, 10:02 AM
moooooooo

watson
17th August 2008, 11:57 AM
Veal for din dins??

DavidG
17th August 2008, 12:05 PM
Job for a thumb knife.:o

munruben
17th August 2008, 01:52 PM
Well after 24 hours in pergatory (forum enforsed ban) for a bad joke i'm back (Allan, John & Barry are so lucky - on this basis they should get life sometimes)
So did you miss me - Cheers all - hope you had a good day.:2tsup::2tsup:

WHO UUUUUUUUUUUSSSS ? Gee, we are 3 angels. all 3 of us have got our wings.

Guess we gotta say we missed you David. :) Sounds like you kept yourself busy anyway. Keep those jokes rolling in. :D

artme
17th August 2008, 09:50 PM
Had my arm in a different cow Years ago. The things you get to do on a farm!!

Christopha
18th August 2008, 08:12 PM
Calm who? David who? anyone notice he was gone? ;)