PDA

View Full Version : chainsaw muffler.

weisyboy
17th August 2008, 08:37 PM
where can i buy a muffler for an 034AV i have a home made job on mine after lending it to the bloke next door who had one of his flunkeys drop a tree on it. didnt even offer to fix it up. also broketeh rear cowling and anti vibration gear.

i can buy the part threw my chainsaw man but im sure i can get it cheeper.

BobL
17th August 2008, 09:15 PM
Lending Rule 1, don't lend your partner or your chainsaws - saves lots of possible arguments later :D

Surely your question should be how to get the neighbor to get it fixed?

weisyboy
17th August 2008, 09:25 PM
this was years ago.. he has since clearde out still oweng us over a grand for clearing we did on his place.

it has been working fine with the home made job but i am now doing a lot of milling n resadential areas and want to quiet it down a bit more.:2tsup:

metricky
17th August 2008, 10:28 PM
Hi weisyboy, there 034av on ebay at the moment http://cgi.ebay.com.au/STIHL-034AV-CHAINSAW_W0QQitemZ120292318296QQihZ002QQcategoryZ42227QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.
Don't know how to do that hyper link thingie yet.
Only $405 at the momnet with 21 hours to go.

Sigidi
18th August 2008, 08:10 PM
Hey Carl, just buy one from the shop and you'll have a brand newy, won't give you any more grief, until the next tree drops on it:)

weisyboy
18th August 2008, 08:16 PM
the bloudy saw has had a hard life and every time i fix sompthing on it sompthing else goes wrong. so i am bidding on an 034AV on ebay so ill have that one mutch better nick than mine as my useing say and the otehrone as a backup/parts saw. as well as the 032 as a back up. and tehn the 026 if i get really desperate. i should be set.:2tsup:

would have loved that one mety but once it went above $600 i pulled out. i pushed the price up for the bloke thow.