PDA

View Full Version : Guest Reading Private Message

Barry_White
10th March 2004, 08:09 PM
I was just having a look at who was on line and noticed that a Guest was reading a private message.

As Professor Sumner Miller says "How is So"

RETIRED
10th March 2004, 10:36 PM
It shouldn't happen. I will get Neil to check it out.

How did you know? I don't think even I can do it.:eek:

Barry_White
11th March 2004, 06:49 AM
I didn't click on the link but on the line it just had Guest reading private message.

Sir Stinkalot
13th March 2004, 10:10 PM
Strange things happen on the whos online section ......

Grunt
13th March 2004, 11:12 PM
I think the late professor would have said "Why is this so?"

soundman
14th March 2004, 11:34 PM
""Why is it so? Many people ask me this question an I say,"I don't know & if I did I wouldn't tell you""

Larry M
15th March 2004, 02:59 AM
Just a thought. If a member chooses "Invisible mode" in their profile would they show up as a guest in the "Who's online" section, but still be able to edit posts and read PM's etc? Would that explain why it is so?

Larry

Neil
15th March 2004, 09:26 AM
There's a Who's on Line.....?????!!! Well pickle my sainted old granny!!

'Twouldn't be a guest reading a message but a member in "Invisible mode" as Larry suggests. No one can read the PM's except the person they are sent to.

Guests can however send a PM to any member they like and maybe this could also explain what you saw.

Cheers - Neil :D

Sir Stinkalot
19th March 2004, 02:26 PM
Sorry to flog a dead horse but at this time there were no moderators on the boards .......

Oh my God the guests have taken over ......

Neil
19th March 2004, 06:38 PM
No one ever said that all the moderators are visible on the forums. You just don't know who is keeping an eye on things.

Cheers - Neil :D (not always visible)

Shane Watson
20th March 2004, 12:05 AM
YEah ya just never know when us guys have a hidden eye on things here.... Mwahahahaha!

Red neck
20th March 2004, 06:43 PM
Maybe some wag has called himself "Guest"!:D

soundman
21st March 2004, 12:15 PM
It occurs to me that this in a computer related matter, therefore nothing has to be the way it seems.

Has anybody ever seen an error mesage that means exactly what it says?

I'm sure the BB software has a limited range or responses. So perhaps a visitor entering the private messages section & being denies any usefull access regesters as "visitor reading private message", or something simmilar.

As for administrator or moderator activities, most IT industry people understand these individuals are "phantoms". Some even wear purple tignts!!!

Theres a thaught to scare the kiddies, ... im purple tights???

RETIRED
21st March 2004, 05:38 PM
Howdjaknow I was a Phantom fan?:D

Taffy
21st March 2004, 09:35 PM
Big Brothers watching, or was that sister aunte uncle?
or just another nut in coloured tights.

fxst
22nd March 2004, 12:04 AM
isnt everyone ?
you mean theyre not all phantom fans out there ......................nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm gunna hide ubder me bed til the world sorts itself out
Pete:mad: