PDA

View Full Version : Wasp Sander

Hick
19th August 2008, 09:20 PM
Hi all.
Does anyone have any experience with the Wasp Sander from Pirac Design. It looks like a fairly good attachment to add to a drill press and saves on a bit of space.

Cheers, Steve

Groggy
19th August 2008, 09:27 PM
Hint: Look at the bottom of this page to find links to other threads on the Wasp.

A good tool from the bits I have read about it, very handy for curved work.

Hick
19th August 2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks Groggy, I never scrolled down the page enough.

Groggy
19th August 2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks Groggy, I never scrolled down the page enough.It wouldn't appear until you make the first post in the thread, then the system software tries to find related threads based on keywords. "wasp" is a pretty good search item for the software to find.

blackhole
19th August 2008, 09:45 PM
I have not used the WASP sander but I made my own out of a bicycle hub and some metal tube (no spring, so I have to unscrew to change belts). Mine is really junky but it is very useful for strange shapes and the ability to get into corners. The fact that you can use thinner belts for smaller or more fiddly bits is fantastic.

I bought a genuine BLOWFLY because there was no way I could make one, If I win lotto I will buy a WASP.

DuncanH
20th August 2008, 12:04 AM
I've got a wasp sander. Highly recommend it :2tsup: I get a lot of use out of it.

jmk89
20th August 2008, 07:41 AM
A very good device, especially if you don't have room for a spindle sander and a linisher as well as a DP. I use mine frequently.

Cruzi
20th August 2008, 03:56 PM
Its the best thing since sliced bread.

Concave and convex curves, flat sanding, very quick belt changes (about 3 seconds), and if you also get the leather belt a great strop for sharpening edged tools.

Different
20th August 2008, 09:32 PM
I have an old one 75mm wide with no bells and whistles but I love it

Ross