PDA

View Full Version : Wood Wizz

proudy1
19th August 2008, 09:56 PM
G'day all. New to woodwork forums and would like to mention that I have a wood wizz machine just newly set up in the Knox area of Melbourne. Can finish slabs table tops and just about anything timber.regards Graham.

Ed Reiss
20th August 2008, 01:14 PM
G'day all. New to woodwork forums and would like to mention that I have a wood wizz machine just newly set up in the Knox area of Melbourne. Can finish slabs table tops and just about anything timber.regards Graham.

Welcome Proudy1...

You've found the best forum around!:2tsup:

What is a Wood Whizz Machine?

Ed :D

artme
21st August 2008, 09:45 AM
G'day Proudy1 and welcome to our little fount of wisdom.:):):2tsup:

Too far for me to posat my slabs to bo be wizzed:p:p.
Lucky you though. Great piece of kit.

fubar
21st August 2008, 11:22 AM
Welcome Proudy1...

You've found the best forum around!:2tsup:

What is a Wood Whizz Machine?

its a lovely looking unit that allows a router to finish and face timber
worth a google search

proudy1
24th August 2008, 08:51 PM
some pics of table refurbish.

Chipman
24th August 2008, 09:11 PM
Now doesn't that beat doing it all by hand! Nice set up there with the wizz.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Cheers,

Chipman

proudy1
24th August 2008, 09:34 PM
Now doesn't that beat doing it all by hand! Nice set up there with the wizz.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Cheers,

Chipman
hi chipman yes it realy does beat doing it by hand and on veiwing your post I sudenly reailised that with this very same table I did refinish the top about fifteen years ago with the hand tools that I had on hand and was it a job,took me ages.cheers,proudy1

weisyboy
24th August 2008, 09:36 PM
dam wish you were closer.

have been looking at getting one but cant justify the price at the moment.

proudy1
24th August 2008, 11:13 PM
hi weisyboy it is a great tool and although i have only done the table top so far i am tickled pink.prroblem is finding suitable handling equipment ie monorail ,lifting jib and the ability to transfer from trailer to work table. all a slow progress will post pics,regards graham.

Ed Reiss
25th August 2008, 03:25 AM
Hi Proudy1...

OK, now I know what a wood wizz is!!!:doh:should'a guessed it (didn't get much from the google search).

Thanks for posting the pics.

scoobydoo
20th April 2009, 02:12 PM

Hi Graham, I have just glued up a 2m x 1m blackwood table top that I need to get thicknessed. Can you do it, and whats the price tag? Thanks