PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sydney

u9026a
20th August 2008, 05:32 PM
Hello to all

How come I've only just found this forum? Anyway, I'm a Brit living in Sydney who loves woodworking in general, as usual though I never have enough room! My full time job is a webmaster, I run several websites including one on pocket watches and one on clocks (see the clocks forum!)

I am in the middle of a major renovation of my house and am secretly planning a big workshop, well, big for the shores of North Sydney anyhow. Just don't tell my wife ok? She has no idea yet!

Looking forward to learning a lot here.

All the best
Steve

Mollywood
20th August 2008, 07:23 PM
:welcome4:

This place is wonderful.
Plenty of info and entertainment with like minded souls.
Love the sound of the workshop, I've only got a teensy shed.

Mollywood. :U

GoGuppy
20th August 2008, 07:45 PM
G'day Steve

Welcome to this amazing forum. I.m new as well and still exploring the maze of threads, and it just seems to get better the more you explore.

Anyways, from one north sydney-sider to another, good to meet you.:2tsup:

PS, if you are interested, there is a Mens Shed at Waverton for woodworkers and if you want the contact details, just let me know and I'll PM them to you.

Cheers

u9026a
20th August 2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks GoGuppy I might just take you up on that. The extension will take at least 6 months though, because I'm doing most of it myself, so I will be busy busy for a while.

All the best
Steve

munruben
20th August 2008, 08:27 PM
Welcome Steve, nice to have you here. Love Sydney, had my business down there before I cam up here to sunny QLD.:):2tsup:

prozac
20th August 2008, 10:24 PM
Welcome Steve and hello from sunny Sydney northside also. Just don't tell those queenslanders how good we have it in our fair city.

Renovations, yes I'm in the midst of that also. Don't tell my other half but I bought another big machine yesterday and secreted it into the garage whilst she was out. When I clean all of the building crap and stuff out of the garage soon and start to set up the workshop it will just be there.

prozac

artme
21st August 2008, 09:57 AM
G'day Steve, you'll fit right in!:):):2tsup:

GoGuppy
21st August 2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks GoGuppy I might just take you up on that. The extension will take at least 6 months though, because I'm doing most of it myself, so I will be busy busy for a while.
All the best
Steve

Steve
The North Sydney Men's Shed contact details are available at http://www.northsydney.nsw.gov.au/www/html/4295-mens-shed.asp
Regards

Ed Reiss
21st August 2008, 12:26 PM
Hi Steve...

You'll be glad you found this forum...lots of good info and camraderie!:woot:

Well be looking forward to your threads!

Ed :D