PDA

View Full Version : Please help me!

AngelPammy
11th March 2004, 08:15 PM
dear people who know stuff:

im 33 a female and i have recently (5 months ago) quit my corporate job and money and security and moved to nimbin. i came on a whim and fell in love with the nature, the scenery and the way people love life. real life. it all seemed perfect until the rains started coming. see i am also a writer and life coach and class myself as a bit of a bohemian and was lucky enough to be given one of the oldest buildings in nimbin to live in, which just happens to be a barn. problem being the roof is rusty and has a few holes which dont stand up under too much rain but i think i have come up with a solution to fix that, cloth tape and this spray stuff that seals water tanks was the idea??? see the thing is i have run out of money and need to do it on the cheap. ive had about 7 different men supposedly going to help me fix it but it never works out, one actually started and put a tarp up (on the inside, no idea why exactly) which was great if it didnt dirrect all the off flow of water into my bed. oh its all so long and painful to tell.
basically ive decided im going to have to do it myself. now i might have been a manager in an office but i have balls baby, all i need is the know how or some helpful tips.
the walls are wooden panelled with half inch gaps. worked well in the summer but winter it wont. tried lining it with tarp but its just so hot and sweaty. and lets in no light in. ive looked and looked for info on how they lined walls in the old days but couldnt find what i need.
maybe i should just be a normal person and rent a real house but i just have this dream.
i have toilet and kitchen facilities seperate so this barn would basically just be my bedroom and living area.

i dont know what more to say, im not even sure what im expecting to hear back. im just at loose ends at the moment and have left everything on a hunch and just so want this to work.

any ideas, suggestions or words of wisdom will be much appreciated.

thankyou