PDA

View Full Version : Symtec lathe

WBruce
21st August 2008, 11:24 AM
Just bought a (very) secondhand Symtec lathe. The tool stand is missing (and probably other things I don't even know about). I intend to cobble up a tool stand and cutter folowing Geoff O'Loughlin's articles on ornamental turning in The Australian Woodworker. Has anyone tried this?

I would like to get hold of a copy of the instruction book. Can anyone help? Obviously I would meet copying costs and postage etc.

WBruce

P.S. This is my first message and it sounds a bit formal - I'll try and lighten up next time.

hughie
21st August 2008, 01:42 PM
WBruce,
Give a them a ring.

Symtec Australia
15-17 Seaforth Avenue

Somerton Park 5044
South Australia
Australia

<!-- Postal address on right //-->Postal Address:
P O Box 41
Kilkenny 5009
South Australia
Australia

<!-- Bottom row, with Phone , Fax, Email and website //--><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>Phone:</td><td class="bodytext"> 61 8 8296 7449
</td></tr><tr><td>Fax:</td><td class="bodytext"> 61 8 8296 0665</td></tr></tbody></table>

DJ’s Timber
21st August 2008, 07:22 PM
WBruce,
Give a them a ring.

Hughie, I think you'll find that they are no longer around :no:

China
21st August 2008, 09:24 PM
So someone finally bought it

hughie
22nd August 2008, 10:29 AM
Hughie, I think you'll find that they are no longer around :no:

Oh! B......a.! thats all I could find

NeilS
23rd August 2008, 03:27 PM
Just bought a (very) secondhand Symtec lathe. The tool stand is missing (and probably other things I don't even know about).

I would like to get hold of a copy of the instruction book. Can anyone help? .

I know where one is in Adelaide Hills with all the bits and pieces, hardly used...wonder why! Can't remember if there is a manual, but can check that out.

PM me for details.

Neil

WBruce
24th August 2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks Neil. I'm so green I don't know what "pm" means - I hope you get this.

Please let me know where this manual is (if it exists). It would be no trouble to go there - I live in Tea Tree Gully and we drive in the hills often (might go to the Stirling markets today). I could borrow it (leaving a refundable deposit if necessary) and photocopy it.

Thanks again.

Bruce

Toasty
24th August 2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks Neil. I'm so green I don't know what "pm" means
Private Message. Click on Neil's username on the left there and some options will drop down, one of them is to send a Private Message. Some people have forum replies disabled so he may not know you have rplied to your thread, but he will get a notification if someone sends him a private message.