PDA

View Full Version : Gi'day..

Tim V
23rd August 2008, 12:51 PM
Introducing myself briefly, just found the site and hours have gone reading, really finding heaps of useful info here, bit of background about me. Live in Northland NZ, just starting to get into harvesting my own small mixed species forest I planted and still planting, I have a lot to do with trees and growing mainly but I have been a hobby wood worker and builder for many years, like to get more seriously into it, my Father restores antiques, my brother is a carpenter and my son is apprenticed to him and loving it. Any way thanks for having me!:2tsup:

paul collins
23rd August 2008, 01:02 PM
welcome tim you will enjoy this site.lots of good people,lots of,info.people from all over the world here.enjoy.:2tsup:

Ed Reiss
23rd August 2008, 01:25 PM
Welcome Tim...

Just to echo what Paul said...this is a great forum site! Whats your pleasure? General woodworking or turning?:?

Cheers,
Ed :D

Tim V
23rd August 2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome :cool:, Um yes I like to turn, and I like wood in general, its feel and look, I like to make it into something useful and look at it, I am just now working on lining a cabin I built from a big Norfork pine I milled, the lining boards are 600 x 19mm heart quarter sawn, its looking neat!

Ad de Crom
23rd August 2008, 06:58 PM
Hi Tim, welcome on board.

Ad

prozac
24th August 2008, 05:03 PM
Hi Tim, welcome aboard!

Sounds like you might have lots of interests you can tell us about over time. We love pictures.

Did you build your cabin loggy-style or frames boards?

Tim V
25th August 2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome, The Cabins 4x2 framing and lining is from one chain milled tree of about 100 yrs of age.