PDA

View Full Version : Cad program, Autosketch 8

ozwinner
14th March 2004, 08:38 AM
Hi All
I went a bought Autosketch 8 last week, and it is brilliant.
If any of you have any drawing to do for projects, then this is the one to get.
It took a little while to get used to, but not that long.
If you can use a computer you can use this program.
It does basic 3D, layers, measurements, all sorts of goodthings.
I realy like the layers, it stops things getting too confused.
I've already drawn up a cabinet that I want to build, and am in the process of designing a new house.
Here is the cabinet plan, I hope you can understand it, I work with plans every day, so I can read "into" plans. ( maybe I've missed something )
Please let me know whats lacking in the plan so I can improve future posts.
If you want the full size plan email me.

Cheers, Allan

This the right plan, I forgot to save all the new changes in jpg.

Shane Watson
14th March 2004, 09:48 AM
SO whats going on the back? Will it be rebated into the rear legs or just tac'd onto the back? Or does the iron run down the full height from top to bottom to create a back?

At least your plans indicate the internal componants. I have to guess them from the plans I use daily! :eek: WHich ain't hard.

Grunt
14th March 2004, 11:33 AM
What is the damage on Autosketch? I could build the wash stand from your plans and that's all that is really required. You could inidicate what joints you would use and how you plan to attach the top etc. but I wouldn't bother if the plan is just for you.

Grunt

ozwinner
14th March 2004, 11:40 AM
I think the cost was $250ish.

Cheers, Al

Rocker
14th March 2004, 05:37 PM
Allan,

I share your enthusiasm for AutoSketch. I think it really comes into its own when you want to design a piece that has curved, splayed or non-rectangular parts. I designed my rocker using it, and it saved me having to build a prototype to determine the requisite dimensions of the parts.

If you were publishing your plan, it would need to show detailed views of some of the joints.

Rocker