PDA

View Full Version : art-deco plaque

avengers63
30th August 2008, 01:46 AM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/avengers63/deco%20plaque/wip01.jpg

This is is an art-deco intarsia plaque I've been playing around with. From the inside out, the deco design is made from white oak, lacewood, walnut, and rosewood. It will be on a background of fiddleback birch. As it stands right now, all the veneers are doubled-up in thickness. The birch is laminated onto more birch, while the design has a maple backing. The whole thing will be fixed onto a piece of plywood. A sapele frame is being made for it. I've been working on this off & on for a number of months. I'm hoping to finish it up in September sometime. It probably won't happen, but I can still have the goal.

Afro Boy
22nd January 2009, 03:10 PM
Just found this. How did you go finishing it up? What you have in the photo looks great. I'm a huge fan of Art Deco.

avengers63
22nd January 2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks. It actually turned out pretty nice. I can't find the pictures right now - I'll do some looking around and post them if I find them.

toolbagsPLUS
23rd January 2009, 08:37 PM
Great choice of veneers are you leaving them natural color or are you going to add some stain to darken? What are you planning to finish with?

Cheers

Steve

artme
23rd January 2009, 08:45 PM
Another Art Deco fan. Great! well done!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: