PDA

View Full Version : G'day from trying to be Sunny Canberra

DANZAN
30th August 2008, 08:30 AM
Hey Guys,

I was a lurker here a few years ago, now I got me a tsc-10hb yesterday and decided it was time to really get into it :D

I got the shed a couple of years ago but manged to store more junk than anything else. Have finally got rid of the junk and am making way for the tools.

Having checked out all the info here on the 10hb I am off to set it up this weekend, then I just need to make enough room in the shed to use it :oo:

Cheers

Debbie

Claw Hama
30th August 2008, 08:40 AM
Welcome Danzan, just in time for the Canberra wood show, have fun.

jmk89
30th August 2008, 08:41 AM
Welcome Debbie

Look forward to seeing what you and the TS produce and remember that the members love pictures...

Ad de Crom
30th August 2008, 03:29 PM
Welcome Debbie, what plans do you have, woodworking or woodturning, for me I hope the last, despite woodworking is also a very nice hobby, I did that for 35 years ago too, but now I'm crazy about woodturning :D
Oh yeah, pictures, do you have some for us, we all love it to see pictures.
Good luck !!

Ad :)

whitewood
30th August 2008, 04:45 PM
Hi Debbie, As the father of three daughters it's great to see a woman have a go at woodwork. My eldest girl is a very handy DIY person around the house. Welcome.

FXST01
30th August 2008, 05:33 PM
Welcome aboard Deb :2tsup:

DANZAN
30th August 2008, 06:35 PM
Welcome Debbie, what plans do you have, woodworking or woodturning, for me I hope the last, despite woodworking is also a very nice hobby, I did that for 35 years ago too, but now I'm crazy about woodturning :DI have been collecting tools for a little while now and have a mini lathe, bandsaw, now the tsc, haven't actually used any of them yet, but hope to very soon.

I want to try my hand at a little of everything. Have built some cupboards for the shed and have a drill press table on the horizon. Basically I am trying to make things for the workshop so that I can learn how to use everything and if I make a mistake it won't be the end of the world.

Now if I can only work out how to shim the table top on the tsc....:- Every time I tighten the bolts the top, which was level raises up a smidge, and when i shim the other side to fix the tilt down, it tilts up, and i am only using a couple of strips of masking tape :oo:

Any way Onwards and Upwards, pics will follow when I get everything sorted.

Cheers

wheelinround
30th August 2008, 07:01 PM
Welcome Debbie

Just a week to go and the Canberra wood show is on :2tsup:

mcarthur
31st August 2008, 04:58 PM
Welcome Debbie. I, too, have a TSC10HB here in Canberra (Weston Ck). It has been (relative to everyone else) bone idle while I clean out the shed. Strangely, the shed remains un-clean while I work outside often :U:doh: cleaning up timber ready for working inside...

Rob

DANZAN
31st August 2008, 05:49 PM
Welcome Debbie. I, too, have a TSC10HB here in Canberra (Weston Ck). It has been (relative to everyone else) bone idle while I clean out the shed. Strangely, the shed remains un-clean while I work outside often :U:doh: cleaning up timber ready for working inside...

Rob

Hey Rob, I am in Weston Ck too. The most asked question so far is what am I going to build now that I have the saw :D

My neighbour just came and grabbed my old riton kit so there is a bit more space. I need to put the carbies back on my motor cycle so the engine is sealed and it can go up into the carport, even more room.

My electrician is planning to run me a subpanel on Tuesday and hopefully I will be up and running by the end of the week.

Debbie