PDA

View Full Version : Wilsons wood art

Cwilson
31st August 2008, 02:43 AM
G'day mate, This sure will take some getting use to. I will try to add to my blog every 2 or 3 days or so please check it out. My computer guy starts collage today so I'm on my own and belive me,I cant type,spell very good.this is the first forum and blog that I have ever done.so please bare with me. It's nice to know that there are nice people out there to take the time to be nice to others. wish me luck. thanks again Mates charley.:2tsup:

Claw Hama
31st August 2008, 11:53 AM
Hi Charley, interesting site you have with some very nice work. How long do pieces like that take you. I'm a bit like you, completely different work but I don't like to use staines etc I try and choose timber that is the colour I want the piece to be when it's finished. Look like you live in a great place, where is "outside the box"?? I'd say you are definetly outside at the very least.

Cwilson
31st August 2008, 12:36 PM
Hi Claw hama Thanks for the reply and comment. It all depends on what I make. My enlarged eagle takes me about three weeks at ten to twelve hours a day. I have been doing alot of wildlife. The eight point buck takes about six days. The moose takes about the same amount of time. My enlarged cowboy to my knoledge that size is probly the only one like it on the planet. It took me over three months. I wanted to enter it in the ogemaw county fair But I missed the reg. date. But the bay city times in michigan had seen a picture of it an then done a two page article on me an that made my long hours an hard work worth it to know if anybody that knows me I made it in the paper other than cort actions or obituaries I do alot of my work with hard woods and exotic woods. :doh: What is the box and what does it mean to be outside the box (remember this is all new to me) I live in prescott michigan I Am buying a house here I have a little work shop but that is far from the front room floor in a trailer that i started this hobby. Thanks again for your time I see you do wood furniture is it rustic or finnished wood?:2tsup:

Claw Hama
31st August 2008, 12:46 PM
Hi Charley, I do whatever people want, some rustic some fine finish. It's all in a days fun, even at 12 hour days like you say. Prescott looks like a nice area do you have local hardwood supplies for your work? When I say local I mean within a 500mile radius.

Cwilson
31st August 2008, 12:48 PM
I just checked out your web sight.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Claw Hama
31st August 2008, 12:53 PM
:cheers2: Thanks Charley