PDA

View Full Version : Sharpening Router Bits

Strungout
15th March 2004, 04:07 PM
Yes ,Dumb question I know but here goes.

Does anybody know where I can get router bits sharpened in Sydney Australia .

Or

How can I sharpen them myself.

Thanks

Greg

journeyman Mick
15th March 2004, 06:32 PM
I sharpen my router bits with a diamond file. A few strokes on the flat inside section, making sure to hold the file nice and flat (ie don't rock it).

Mick

Bob Willson
15th March 2004, 07:03 PM
(ie don't rock it).

Because as you've said before, "Sharpening isn't rocket science" :)

journeyman Mick
15th March 2004, 07:17 PM
Actually that wasn't me! My sharpening certainly isn't rocket science, 99% (or more) of my work is done with tungsten tipped power tools and besides the occasional touch up with a diamond file are sent out for sharpening. My chisels I sharpen on a wet grinder (a Taiwanese knock off of the Delta one) with a bit of a touch up on an oil stone. I never spend too much time on them as I will almost certainly hit a nail or screw with it almost immediately.

Mick

ozwinner
15th March 2004, 07:31 PM
And heres me going and buying a electronic nail finder, when all I needed was a sharp chisel, Bugger.:D :D

Al

Bob Willson
15th March 2004, 07:48 PM
Mick said: Actually that wasn't me!

Bob said: Because as you've said before, "Sharpening isn't rocket science"

bob now says: Sorry, no it wasn't you, it was Rocker. Hey, is there another joke in there somewhere?

journeyman Mick
15th March 2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by ozwinner
And heres me going and buying a electronic nail finder, when all I needed was a sharp chisel, Bugger.:D :D

Al
Al, see my post/reply immutable laws of the universe.

Mick

ozwinner
15th March 2004, 07:58 PM
OK, I wont do it this time, promise.

John Saxton
18th March 2004, 11:31 PM
I guess having just had St Paddy's day then "Murphey's Law " is not out of the question!

Cheers:)

soundman
21st March 2004, 01:20 PM
any decent sharpening service will sharpen you router bits, unless they are the spiral type.