Manix77
31st August 2008, 11:39 PM
G'Day all

I'm not exactly new, I asked a question a few years ago

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=33491

and got an amazing response which triggered follow on questions

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=33927

and so on.

Well I've since acquired everything on my original list only to have it sit idle in the workshop while other facets of life took over! Work got busy, my wife bought a business, the Garage (one half of which serves as my workshop) started filling up with things that shouldn't be in a workshop and my woodworking took a back seat.

A few weeks ago I had a brain snap bought a second hand 3x4m shed. I live in a Defence owned house so I couldn't lay a slab so the base for the shed was constructed out of treated pine with a T&G floor. Just putting the shed together was a revelation!

For over a year the most industrious thing I've done is hang a picture frame and in the period of two days I'd built my new shed. More importantly all the C%?p that had been fouling my workshop for so long was transfered to its new home.

The other great thing about clearing the shed out and getting back into woodworking is I now have something to talk about on the forum.

It's good to be back! Now I've got a fair bit of catching up to do and a few questions to ask. I look forward to catching you on the forum.

regards

Manix

jmk89
1st September 2008, 06:18 AM
Welcome back. Great to get the crap out of the workshop - almost a symbolic thing!!!

The Bleeder
1st September 2008, 09:31 AM
Welcome back. It's nice to have your own space back. Waiting to hear about your next endeavours.

Steve

Ed Reiss
2nd September 2008, 12:15 PM
Hi Manix...and welcome.

Seeing as how I'm not from your part of the world, have a question for you: what is "Defence owned housing":? ......and please don't say it's a house over by de' fence!!!!!!!:roll:(groan):U

Cheers,

Ed :D

Manix77
2nd September 2008, 06:02 PM
G'Day Ed

Fair question, Defence (or defense in your speak) as in Australian Defence Force. I'm in the military and, as with the US military, we get government subsidised housing. (it's actually leased by Defence from a property investor but I'm sure you get the picture).

In some cases this is more restrictive, in terms of what I can do to the place, than normal renting as there's more beauracracy between me and the owner of the house.

Incidentally, it's a great house and I'd buy it if that option came up.

regards

Manix