PDA

View Full Version : Hi from SA

WVB
1st September 2008, 02:03 PM
Hi all,
Thought i'd better say hello and introduce myself.
I'm a keen home renovator living in the Adelaide Hills.
I've been interested in carpentry and woodworking for a while now which is just as well as my house is Cypress clad pole frame and quickly learn't these houses require constant attention.
I've built decks, repaired decks, renovated kitchens, bathrooms, laundry, timber framing, general carpentry and a quite a bit of landscaping/paving.
I enjoy working with hardwoods like spotted gum, kapur & blackbutt but I'm still coming to understand some of the rarer species and their uses.

Cheers for now.

coffenup
1st September 2008, 07:53 PM
welcome to another south aussie welcome to the mad house
Regards Michael

3 toed sloth
1st September 2008, 07:57 PM
Hi, WVB

Thats a nice list of hardwoods for sure. But that cypress pine can be a pain can't it.:roll:

Hows the water over there, has it improved at all?

China
1st September 2008, 10:30 PM
What is water?

WVB
2nd September 2008, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't know if its improved if you're talking about the mains supply
as i'm on tank water, about 86,000 litres.
We,ve had a fair bit rain lately better than average for august, which has topped up my supply nicely.

Ed Reiss
2nd September 2008, 12:31 PM
Hi WVB...

Welcome....you've found a great forum and some great folk here.

So, sounds like your into a lot of flat woodwork...word of caution, don't get into woodturning! It's addictive and it'll ruin your love life and finances...bigger lathe, accessories for the lathe, tools, etc, etc, etc. never ending:doh:

At any rate, have fun!

Cheers,
Ed :D

pearcy
6th September 2008, 12:14 AM
Hi How are you. I am also from SA and I was wondering if someone would know where I could get a work bench. I have no idea as to how to make one and I would like to use it for my Picture Framing Hobby I have just started. I thought there might be a second hand place around or something like that. I would appreciate any help Thanks

Rob