PDA

View Full Version : Turn-Fest 2009 Australia

WOODY70
2nd September 2008, 09:26 PM
Hello Guys,
Just a short note to let all prospective and current Turn-fest attendees know that Turn-Fest has a new home.

We are now heading to The Radisson Resort at Palm Meadows in the heart of the Gold Coast after the Kooralbyn resort which has been Turn-fest's home for the last three years was placed in receivership.

Further contact details can be found under the events section on the forum.

So who's been, Going or are interested in attending Australia's Premier woodturning event?:U

Organised by David Drescher
S/E Qld Woodworking Supplies
Slacks Creek

Calm
2nd September 2008, 09:40 PM
Has Ern moved north:?:?

dai sensei
2nd September 2008, 11:05 PM
:woot:I'm interested

hughie
3rd September 2008, 11:10 AM
Has Ern moved north

Yep to ski on the world famous Gold Coast sand dunes, yeehaaa

Ed Reiss
3rd September 2008, 12:45 PM
Hey now....sign me up!!!!:2tsup:

All I need is first class pre-paid round trip air ticket from Philadelphia to Australia....a pre-paid room at a 5 star hotel....all meals paid for while there... pre-paid car service to and from Turn-Fest. :woot:

I don't want to appear to be cheap though...I'll pick up the first round of drinks!!!:drunk22:

Just call me Reddie to go Eddie!!!:D

ps. a couple of grand in spending loot wouldn't hurt either!:U

rsser
6th September 2008, 08:00 AM
Yep to ski on the world famous Gold Coast sand dunes, yeehaaa

eek, think of the sand burn.

SawDustSniffer
7th September 2008, 04:06 PM
Hey now....sign me up!!!!:2tsup:

All I need is first class pre-paid round trip air ticket from Philadelphia to Australia....a pre-paid room at a 5 star hotel....all meals paid for while there... pre-paid car service to and from Turn-Fest. :woot:

um ,he must be saving his money for the excess luggage of Australian Hardwoods/burls he wont be able leave behind

:2tsup:i might make a effort to get there this year , would be easer if it was in Adelaide or Darwin , could visit family in Adelaide ,

Ed Reiss
8th September 2008, 05:38 AM
um ,he must be saving his money for the excess luggage of Australian Hardwoods/burls he wont be able leave behind

Anything to help out with the Australian economy!!:U

Cheers,

Ed :D

WOODbTURNER
9th September 2008, 03:46 PM
:2tsup:i might make a effort to get there this year , would be easer if it was in Adelaide or Darwin , could visit family in Adelaide ,[/quote]

SDS,
If you want to know more about TF 2009, I left a copy with Ian McRaild for you to ponder over.

SawDustSniffer
11th September 2008, 05:50 PM
im 1min drive from ian's at the moment , will stop in tonight and have a look

Anne Munro
15th September 2008, 11:20 PM
I am intending to go to the Turnfest in 2009. I went this year and was really impressed. I have to say that while Kooralbyn was certainly adequate and the food and staff were really great it did look a bit tired. If anyone is considering flying into the Gold Coast for the Turnfest don't forget the option of flying Tiger Airlines. They fly into the Gold Coast and a single fare from Melbourne cost me only $70. Tiger Airlines are part of Singapore Airlines so they are certainly reputable.
David does a really good job of organising Turnfest and I learnt heaps from all the different sessions I went to.

Rum Pig
16th September 2008, 08:56 AM
I'm Hopping to get there next year:ohyaaa: and that will be my first:fingerscrossed:

I have bit on around then but hopefully need to be in Roma around that time so i might duck across:think::biker::groupwave:

bystander
1st October 2008, 11:32 PM
I won't be going to turnfest but I have stayed at the RADISSON and can honestly say it was great. Rooms are bright and airy, recently refurbished I am told, food was great, staff fantastic and the location is off the strip making it quiet and peaceful. Don't forget your Golf Clubs as it's located within Palm Meadows or just across the road from lakelands.
Check it out

http://www.radisson.com/goldcoastau

WOODY70
29th October 2008, 06:33 PM
Hey Guys,

The organising of next years event is progressing well with the event two thirds sold.

If you are thinking of attending get in quick.

Send me an email if you would like more details.

[email protected]

Cheers
Dave

dai sensei
2nd December 2008, 11:14 PM
I paid my money today :thyel:

So who else is going, and who doesn't snore?