PDA

View Full Version : HUGE truck!

keju
3rd September 2008, 09:20 PM
Did you see Aschi's newest truck yet? It's a West Australian Iron Ore Tipper (http://www.aschisworkshop.com/images/154trucktilted.jpg)
It's HUGE.m 5½ ft!...... now to have grandkids living here........ I'd have to make this!
Not sure if it's a good or bad thing they live so far away! lol Probably a good thing postage would be way too high too! :)

If you go here and scroll down you can find out more about it!
http://www.aschisworkshop.com/trucks.htm

Juvy

Chipman
3rd September 2008, 09:31 PM
Imagine making all those wheels:oo:

Nice truck:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Chipman

Waldo
3rd September 2008, 09:50 PM
And if you're really keen you can scale it up 27 times.:D

That would be a beaut one for my little bloke. What I'd really like is one of those massive trucks that haul the iron ore up from the bottom of the pits. I've got my old Tonka version, but something handmade by a Dad is the best for his son. :2tsup:

AUSSIE
3rd September 2008, 10:09 PM
EEERH. I would have to leave home if I started to build that truck.
Well!! kicked out more like it.I get in enough ----- now:C.

keju
3rd September 2008, 11:20 PM
Waldo.... enlighten me please.... how big would one of those trucks be in comparison with this one? I haven't a clue.... like this one's to scale to the real thing and over 5ft.... how big would be the one you're talking about it in scale?

Would you have to build a new room for the house first? :)

Juvy

Waldo
3rd September 2008, 11:22 PM
I dunno, but it said 1:27th scale :shrug:

Yonnee
4th September 2008, 12:25 PM
Waldo.... enlighten me please.... how big would one of those trucks be in comparison with this one? I haven't a clue.... like this one's to scale to the real thing and over 5ft.... how big would be the one you're talking about it in scale?

Would you have to build a new room for the house first? :)

Juvy

Juvy,

According to the scale (1:27), that Ore truck in real life would be close to 45M long, which would about right. So to scale it would be roughly 66" long, 3.5" wide and 5" high. The Off-Highway Mining Dump Trucks that Waldo is talking about if built to the same scale, would be close to only 20" long, but 8" wide, and 10" high, with the wheels and tyres alone being nearly 3" diameter.

Waldo
4th September 2008, 12:28 PM
And the tyres alone are $10K each. :o

munruben
4th September 2008, 12:41 PM
Wow that's some truck

keju
4th September 2008, 04:06 PM
Amazing...... that much for one tire? wow.... as much as a car....
lol was just thinking..... would love to see a photo of my little guy parked beside one of those big things...... on the other hand.. it would probably scare it to death! lol

Juvy

Garell
4th September 2008, 05:19 PM
I recon i cant resist in giving that a go. Have to get permission from SWMBO first. That might be fun.:D

Kind regards Jamie

Waldo
4th September 2008, 05:23 PM
I recon i cant resist in giving that a go.

Likewise. :cool:

Yonnee
5th September 2008, 01:24 AM
Here's one of the bigger ones. The other vehicle is a Ford F250 which is still a BIG 4WD...

forunna
5th September 2008, 01:44 AM
um, I think there are two very different trucks being talked about here.
The wooden model in the link is a road train. One "normal" truck with three trailers.
The picture with the F250 in it is a Haulpak (or similar) which is a minesite only huge dump truck with tyres about 3m tall or more.

...or have I missed something?

Yonnee
5th September 2008, 02:28 AM
um, I think there are two very different trucks being talked about here.
...or have I missed something?

And if you're really keen you can scale it up 27 times.:D

That would be a beaut one for my little bloke. What I'd really like is one of those massive trucks that haul the iron ore up from the bottom of the pits. I've got my old Tonka version, but something handmade by a Dad is the best for his son. :2tsup:

Juvy,
According to the scale (1:27), that Ore truck in real life would be close to 45M long, which would about right. So to scale it would be roughly 66" long, 3.5" wide and 5" high. The Off-Highway Mining Dump Trucks that Waldo is talking about if built to the same scale, would be close to only 20" long, but 8" wide, and 10" high, with the wheels and tyres alone being nearly 3" diameter.
:2tsup:

keju
5th September 2008, 08:57 AM
Oh sheeeeeeesh that's big..... my little guy would be like a pebble in the tire!!!!!
juvy

Ozkaban
8th September 2008, 02:29 PM
Here's one of the bigger ones. The other vehicle is a Ford F250 which is still a BIG 4WD...

I liked this photo of a Mining Truck and a Ford F250 :o:doh:

cheers,
Dave

Waldo
8th September 2008, 02:30 PM
I liked this photo of a Mining Truck and a Ford F250 :o:doh:

cheers,
Dave

Oops!