PDA

View Full Version : G'day in Brisbane

Paulphot
4th September 2008, 04:50 PM
G'day, name is Paul, I'm a professional photographer but very amateur woodworker. I have made a small coffee table and a kitchen for my two girls. I make my own photo frames but not very well at this stage. I am looking to modify my home-made workbench to accept a mounted router, fortunately the searching has a very extensive list of posts on this very topic.

I will put up some pictures of what I have done soon.

Look forward to any help I can get........I need it

Cheers
Paul

gawdelpus
4th September 2008, 05:01 PM
G'day paul, not that far from me hehe! and you are a lot closer to gary payne than I am ,a few good woodturning clubs in your area as well I think, I know in the pen turning section which I frequent the most a lot have trouble with photography of their pens to post in forum, me included,in fact until I find a better way than my vanilla 3 meg digital camera I have stopped posting at all,the pens are always much better than the photos show :( .
Enjoy your stay and ask questions ,no question is unimportant,and most will get many replies from the accumulated wealth of knowledge in these forums . Cheers :)

BoomerangInfo
4th September 2008, 09:54 PM
G'day, name is Paul, I'm a professional photographer but very amateur woodworker. I have made a small coffee table and a kitchen for my two girls.

Hey Paul - two girls?? Do tell! :P

Russell

Paulphot
4th September 2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome, can't say I've done much pen photography but if you have some you would like to show off, I'm sure I could make myself available for some practice if you like.

Cheers
:2tsup:

Paulphot
4th September 2008, 09:58 PM
Hey Paul - two girls?? Do tell! :P

Russell

Not much to tell, I have two little girls (2 and 3) and last Christmas I made a toy kitchen for them.

:U

BoomerangInfo
4th September 2008, 10:07 PM
Ahh heh. Thought you meant a real kitchen - lol, sorry :)

Russell.

Ed Reiss
4th September 2008, 11:32 PM
Hi Paul...and welcome!

The forums here should be of help to make you a frame making expert in no time flat!!:thumbup:

Cheers,

Ed :D

Paulphot
5th September 2008, 02:30 AM
Thanks Ed,
My current set up for framing is a GMC 10inch compound mitre saw, an Ozito router and Bunnings corner camps with the fabric strap.

I'm thinking of extending my workbench and mounting my router on the extention but still looking for ideas. I have found it's better to look twice, build once........lol

munruben
5th September 2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks Ed,
My current set up for framing is a GMC 10inch compound mitre saw, an Ozito router and Bunnings corner camps with the fabric strap.

I'm thinking of extending my workbench and mounting my router on the extention but still looking for ideas. I have found it's better to look twice, build once........lolHi Paul and welcome. I have made a stack of memorabilia frames in the past, Still doing some at the moment. I cut the 45deg mitres first with my mitre saw or sometimes on the TS but for nearly perfect 45deg mitres I trim them with a guilotine type cutter. They are available from Carba-tec for $289. they are called a "precision mitre trimmer" You use it to just shave the mitre. It is also essential to use a jig when cutting the frame to size so the lengths of your sides are exactly the same otherwise they wont mitre up anyway.

Look forward to seeing some of your work.