PDA

View Full Version : The Fleet

forunna
4th September 2008, 11:38 PM
I have just finished these 5 Light Tankers (old prototype in the background) to sell at our up coming Fire Brigade open day to raise funds for our young Cadets.

AUSSIE
5th September 2008, 04:18 AM
They look good Craig.I just worked out that it is 2 humans in the front of the truck
Must be that it is 3.15 am and half asleep.
Could you tell us how much they sell for.
May be worth some of us doing the same
Those small bottles of paint would be dear wouldnt they?
Very good job
Ross

Chipman
8th September 2008, 09:26 PM
Good to see you are still doing your trucks:2tsup:

Look good and I am sure the kids that end up with those will be really happy and have a lot of fun with them.

Cheers,
Chipman:)

AUSSIE
10th September 2008, 06:45 PM
Hope you get to fires quicker than the time
it takes to get back to your post
man

forunna
11th September 2008, 09:27 AM
yeah Aussie,
just a bit quicker.
The little bottles were because I originally just made one, and a matching large truck, bout 4 years ago. The paint was still good.
They sold quickly for 10 bucks so I might make a larger batch next time we do something like that. Then I will get more economical paint.
The Fire Dudes are just a piece of 19mm dowel slightly turned at the end to give the impression of a head. A freind did the turning.
Many asked if there is a big truck to go with it (called a 3.4, 3000litres and 4wd).
So I will have to do that too next time.
They are fun Chipman, I got one back for fathers day, my 9y/o daughter helped me make them so bought one back when I wasnt there so we could keep one.
We now have the prototype and the latest model. :U

Chipman
11th September 2008, 04:00 PM
yeah Aussie,
just a bit quicker.
The little bottles were because I originally just made one, and a matching large truck, bout 4 years ago. The paint was still good.
They sold quickly for 10 bucks so I might make a larger batch next time we do something like that. Then I will get more economical paint.
The Fire Dudes are just a piece of 19mm dowel slightly turned at the end to give the impression of a head. A freind did the turning.
Many asked if there is a big truck to go with it (called a 3.4, 3000litres and 4wd).
So I will have to do that too next time.
They are fun Chipman, I got one back for fathers day, my 9y/o daughter helped me make them so bought one back when I wasnt there so we could keep one.
We now have the prototype and the latest model. :U

Now that is what makes toymaking so special... when you kids do something like that:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Cheers,
Chipman:)

srulik
17th February 2009, 10:10 PM
Can you sdvise me kinde of colors that you have paint?