PDA

View Full Version : which router?

mhaze
5th September 2008, 02:57 AM
Any recommendations for a router to use on a table - pref one that is easy to change bits on and doesn't need a collet extension?

Mick

In2Wood
5th September 2008, 11:28 AM
Mick

Triton TRA001 - 2400 watts - 3.25 hp variable speed collet extends through table and locks so you only need one spanner to change bits. Has wind up capability and fine adjustment. They appear to have risen in price recently - probably due $AUD/$US exchange rate. Carbatech has them for $435. I brought one from Bunnings recently for $380, but as you are probably aware Bunnings has stopped dealing with triton/GMC. So you may get a firesale somewhere if you're lucky. Good luck

Clive

damian
5th September 2008, 11:34 AM
justtools is always worth a look. Even with shipping they may be competitive. There's one on ebay just now also.

The tritons just have so many nice features it's not funny and the big one is not short of grunt. One of the great things about an incra system is it doesn't need special routers, bits, accessories. Just works.

Mike Wingate
27th June 2009, 09:18 PM
I have a Dewalt 625e that has replaced my EluMOF 177e. The Elu is now reseved for hand use. The DW will stay in the table.